Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

F4 Windshields vs. LRS Taka, your opinions please

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  F4Customs 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a new windshield so that I can see over the shield a little bit. I've seen F4 at a couple of rallies and I'm wondering if you guys have any experience with them. Pretty expensive in my opinion, but maybe I'm just spoiled. I'm used to buying LRS shields for my other bike so I'm also looking at the LRS Taka, but I don't know how good their Goldwing shields are either. Any opinions on either or both are welcome.

#7 ·
The new V stream is out, 200.00 price range and it is hard coated too.

#4 · (Edited)
@slowrollin, I know my pal @GoldWingKing had a not so good experience with the Taka product. Not the company but the product.

The F4 is a premier product and high quality. I'm sure other manufactures will start making windscreens for the 2018 @Vegas

Reactions: slowrollin
#6 ·
Thanks Don. What I'm really concerned about is wind buffeting. I'm thinking of going a little lower so that I can see over the shield. I've had good luck with other bikes, using a recurve. How does the F4 Sport shield do with the buffeting? Also, are you going to be installing shields at Wing Ding 40 this year?

#8 ·
I ended up going with the F4+4 and love it. I usually ride with it full up on the 2018. When I have it full down, I get what wind I want then put it back up. Only complaint is with a light rain, it doesn't like to shed the water very well in the full up position. So I drop it down to let the windscreen clear.

#10 ·
Vegas hopefully one of these two options will help fix the issue with rain shedding:

Clean the windshield with Isopropyl rubbing alcohol, as this will strip the windshield of any "gunk" that may be on it. It is also great for the pesky bugs you just can't get off. Another option to maximize your rain shedding is to use Rain-X, they make a Rain-X cleaner that does a nice job. But, neither of these will harm the windshield. Just remember to always use paper towels!

Just a note, in order for the rain to run off the shield you should be past speeds of around 30mph. So while your going slower the rain may bead up but could remain on the windshield. let us know if you have any further questions :)

#12 ·
I purchased an F4+2 three years ago to replace the OEM 2008 shield. I have two small chips due to rocks tossed up by trucks. I don't have any scratches at all. The F4 is clear as glass.

I use F4's cleaner before every ride. The rain water runs off without a problem and it does rain just a little here in Oregon.

Other than the OEM shield that came on the bike the F4 is the only shield I have used and the way it is holding up I feel it's well worth what I paid for it.

Here's a picture of Eastern Oregon taken through the F4 this past September.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.