Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help?

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  TmDILL 
#1 ·
I love my new bike. However - I can't stand the saddle bags. The one on the kickstand side just allows everything to slide back out .. it doesn't have a lip to hold anything inside, and it's a pain in the hiney to close if you do have anything in it (stuff gets stuck in the bottom crease).

When I had my CTX, I was able to find a set of generic "organizers" that velcro'd into the inside covers of my saddlebags. Worked well for carrying my miscellaneous "small stuff" in the organizer pockets.

I cannot find anything that will work with the 2018 DCT Sport Touring. The ones I have are too big, and without major cutting (which I don't really want to do) will not allow the covers to close. And, even then, due to the odd shape of the inside of the covers, they don't really fit.

Has anyone found something that will work? I like to keep a small flashlight, a brush, extra hair ties, a bottle of aspirin, small tube of suncreen, my spare sunglasses, my glove liners, etc. without having to dig around in a large bag when I need something.

#2 ·
The 2018s are so new that the aftermarket items are just beginning to roll out. I suggest keeping an eye on WingStuff for the latest items, in fact, you might want to give them a call.

#3 ·
I have a couple of small bags with draw string tops that some of my wife's kitchen stuff came in and one that I got from school. Makes it easy to keep things sorted.

#5 ·
I bought a 4 piece system from Wingstuff a few years back but that was for an 1800 Gen I-II. Forget even who made them (Saddlemen maybe) but they are handy.

#6 ·
I opted to put some very low pile outdoor carpet in the saddlebags (similar to the mats Honda sells) that will slow/stop the sliding. I also purchased the bag liners and employ one full time for my rain gear, tools, etc. the other bag is fairly empty and my spot to put daily use items. Good luck on your search for something that works. Keep us informed if you find a good solution!

Reactions: KatieLea
#7 ·
@fossil92 - Thank you for the suggestion. However, those are full bag liners. I'm looking more for something just to organize my "small stuff" that I want to reach in for, without removing the bag.

I may end up just sewing my own organize out of canvas, cut to fit the inside contour of the door, and attaching with heavy duty velcro.
@encmerk - good idea on the low pile carpet. I actually have a couple of that non-skid stuff for our motorhome cupboards. I think I'll cut some of that down to fit the bottom of the bags.

#8 ·
Yeah, I knew it wasn't quite your solution but if things were in a bag at least they wouldn't be a problem.

#9 ·
#10 ·
I don't know what the inside of the bags look like. But for my 05 1800, I took what I would describe as stretch netting, purchased from a dealer that is used to secure stuff to a seat and I bought the plastic clips used to secure wires around the engine compartment of a car or truck. Even the cable people use them to secure cable to walls, etc. The clips have a screw hole can be attached to saddlebag screws and trunk screws to attach the bungy type netting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.