Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VIN Check -

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Terryj 
#1 ·
Just passed the yearly Texas state inspection on Ol' Beuford T Dudley (84 GW) and was put in a bit of a dilemma for the first time. All the lights, brakes and tires were fine but the evaluator said because of the fairing all of the VIN numbers could not be clearly seen. There was a change (?) on the books that specifically said the motorcycle VIN must be verified or it couldn't pass. After digging in around the wiring harness for a while, finally by using a small mirror and mini-flashlight he was satisfied everything was legit. I told him that if the "Dud" didn't pass there was at least $25 worth of parts on it if he was interested in buying him. :)

I've purchased an assortment of dead-in-the-water 1200 and 1500 GW's over the years that have passed inspections with a short test ride and the wave of a magic wand. Has anyone else noticed a change in procedure ?

Ride Safe - Michael

#2 ·
Here in Virginia, I do State Inspections. And we have to verify VIN to registration before putting a sticker on anything.

Reactions: Behind bars
#4 ·
When I registered my ST1300 the registry clerk said my VIN was wrong and wasn't in the system. I showed her the VIN on the NVIS. She still said it wasn't right and couldn't register my bike. I said come outside and see (dealer demo plate on the bike at the time) for yourself. "We never do that" she said...finally she relented and verified my VIN visually and gave me the plate. Jeebus.
Sometimes I think these people are just lazy and don't want to do their job if entails a bit of work on their part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.