Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I want to remove the TPMS light!

8K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  slowrollin 
#1 ·
How difficult is it to open up the instrument cluster and remove one of the bulbs for the idiot lights? Anyone ever tried or done it?

The TPMS light drives me crazy. It's on more than it's off. I saw a video on Youtube where you can cut some wires to get it to stay off, but that makes me nervous.

#3 ·
I believe it is an LED that is soldered in. There is an after market jumper that is plug n play that might be a better way to go.

Reactions: slowrollin
#12 ·
#10 ·
In all likelihood, it's the battery in the wheel sending unit that is causing the TPMS light to illuminate. But no way to check unless the wheel is off and the tire(s) removed. Then the new battery has to be sync'd with the receiver unit and there have been some calibration problems with new sensors and the receiver. However, if the TPMS light is on for that reason, sooner or later your low pressure sensor will not work as well.

Reactions: Jinx
#11 ·
Could be, but the bike just turned 3 years old and it's only got 6700 miles out. The batteries shouldn't be bad already, should they? However to test the theory, would removing the air from tires and then starting the bike to see if the low pressure sensor turns on, be a good test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.