seat - Honda Goldwing Forums

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

seat

The optional seat Honda is marketing for the 2018 Goldwing, has anybody tried it? Does it sit any higher?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Garage
The sculpted section of the rider's seat is higher, but I don't think the actual seat height is any different.

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budoka View Post
The sculpted section of the rider's seat is higher, but I don't think the actual seat height is any different.
Actually felt like it sat a tad lower and back to me, but not by a lot. It was more comfortable on the rear-end, but I kind of thought the seating position on the stock seat was more to my liking. If I had one, I wouldn't complain though.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. The new wing has caught my interest. The bike has much potential and could be a very satisfying ride. Still, at my age, comfort is a priority. I have a '17 Electra Glide Police. The tractor seat is what sold me. All day comfort with plenty of leg room. I guess the foot boards contribute. With the 'wing, your feet are under you on the pegs. I was wondering if the optional seat provided more leg space. I know you can add aftermarket highway pegs but at the expense of ground clearance, there goes the fun.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 10:24 PM

Garage
I just passed 8,000 miles on my 18 wing. Gonna be at the MotoGP tomorrow in Austin and Honda apparently has a big presence this year. I hope to see/sit on the optional seat because I just called my dealer today and had them order me one.

Sent with aloha

Sent with aloha
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 07:05 PM

Garage
They had a blue tour all accessorized including the seat on display. Not totally sure but the seat seemed lower than stock, but definitely firmer. Mine should be in Wednesday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	54675743-4217-4A2F-A46B-D8FDC918383D_1524269030317.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	252722   Click image for larger version

Name:	0442A6DF-1611-4508-AA05-96EEE0D840BC_1524269049765.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	252730  

Sent with aloha
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisek View Post
They had a blue tour all accessorized including the seat on display. Not totally sure but the seat seemed lower than stock, but definitely firmer. Mine should be in Wednesday.
"Lower than stock'', that wont help me.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiliturk$56 View Post
Thanks for the replies. The new wing has caught my interest. The bike has much potential and could be a very satisfying ride. Still, at my age, comfort is a priority. I have a '17 Electra Glide Police. The tractor seat is what sold me. All day comfort with plenty of leg room. I guess the foot boards contribute. With the 'wing, your feet are under you on the pegs. I was wondering if the optional seat provided more leg space. I know you can add aftermarket highway pegs but at the expense of ground clearance, there goes the fun.
I have a 15 Electra Glide. I did have a Police Seat on it for a while, but the Mrs hated sitting on the little Mustang Pillion that goes behind it for the passenger. The optional seat on the Wing won't give you anymore leg space, and I haven't seen aftermarket highway pegs for the 2018's yet. Saw a post from a guy on here that made a pair though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode