2018 Tour Radio Volume Issues - Honda Goldwing Forums
 8Likes

post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

2018 Tour Radio Volume Issues

test rode the 2018 dct. Waiting for some other comments on radio. notch 30 under full face, 85mph, could barely hear the radio. to make matters worse, local channel that comes in clear on f6b full of static. The radio sounded loud sitting still. Could not even hear the back speakers at hwy speeds. I did not adjust the settings before ride so just went with whatever the dealer had set up....any other radio volume complaints???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Turn the radio up???

So you took the bike for a ride and the radio is the important factor???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 02:47 PM

Garage
I canh hear the radio on mine with no problem. I adjusted the fade and bass/treble. I also have the speed controlled volume on high. I run fm/XM/iTunes through it with no issues! I’m wearing the hjc is-2 max so I’m also in a full face.
fossil92 likes this.

Ed
Havelock, NC
'18 Honda Gold Wing Tour GL1800D (frame number 502)
‘13 Victory Cross Country Tour (Traded for one hell of a machine!)
'02 Harley Sportster 1200 Custom (Traded for a big boy bike)

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossil92 View Post
Turn the radio up???

So you took the bike for a ride and the radio is the important factor???

[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/images/smilies/headscratch.gif[/IMG]

Maybe I didn't explain it well enough, but notched 30 if you know Goldwings is the highest level it will go! You cannot turn it up any higher, getting more notices now from other forums and cruise man, this is a problem with a new Wings! They've already started selling upgrades for the stereos and amplifiers, sounds like Honda knew what they were doing, and want you to spend more money after the 30,000
cfed likes this.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Sometimes new models do need tweaking also sometimes folks just want to complain.

I saw no issue with the one I rode just like @encmerk .

Of course for me the radio wasn’t that important either

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossil92 View Post
Sometimes new models do need tweaking also sometimes folks just want to complain.

I saw no issue with the one I rode just like @encmerk .

Of course for me the radio wasn’t that important either

Again I didn't check the settings prior to the beginning of my test ride, but yeah if I'm going to spend $30,000 on a motorcycle, I absolutely want to be able to hear the radio at highway speeds, isn't that what these are built for? A touring motorcycle you should be able to hear your radio underneath a full face helmet very clearly in my opinion. My F6B is awesome behind the madstad shield, very clear at 20 notch at 85 miles an hour. And no I am not a complainer, but I think not being able to hear the radio at highway speeds is a huge issue! Again I started this thread because I want somebody to tell me I'm wrong, again it could be something the dealership did, but I'm starting here more griping about it so it was probably set correctly. And yes the radio is extremely important, so in my book huge flaw Honda. I'll wait for 2019 to see if they correct
Jinx and cfed like this.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 08:03 PM

Garage
I hate to say it, but you’re doing it wrong. You’re right, Honda is selling an amp and speaker upgrade kit.... not the first manufacturer to do that on day 1! I have no problems hearing my bike radio at 80. I think I’d spend a bit more time fiddling with it before I call it bad, but that’s jmho!

Ed
Havelock, NC
'18 Honda Gold Wing Tour GL1800D (frame number 502)
‘13 Victory Cross Country Tour (Traded for one hell of a machine!)
'02 Harley Sportster 1200 Custom (Traded for a big boy bike)
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by encmerk View Post
I hate to say it, but you?re doing it wrong. You?re right, Honda is selling an amp and speaker upgrade kit.... not the first manufacturer to do that on day 1! I have no problems hearing my bike radio at 80. I think I?d spend a bit more time fiddling with it before I call it bad, but that?s jmho!
please reread my opening line in my thread! Not calling it bad, admitted that I had not adjusted anything, just asking if anybody else heard what I heard! And passing along others are feeling the same way, even a Salesman for a dealership who rode the bike a hundred fifty miles told me he thought the radio was weak. To each his own if it's good for you great I'm happy for you, and yes I will try it again for sure, but right now it's a thumbs down until I take my next test ride. I'm definitely going to take another one because the DCT for me is a no-go! The manual is the only thing I would consider again, right now it looks like next year after the bugs are worked out. Also this might help somebody be aware of this before they buy one! Why not try to work that into the price with the dealership? Again don't ask me to pay $30,000 for a below Prime sound system. If the dealership wants to sell it, and enough people gripe about it, it could get added in with the deal! Just trying to help out future 2018 owners before they step through the door.
Stratman likes this.

Last edited by keller1234; 03-11-2018 at 08:30 PM.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 08:03 PM

2018 radio

it is not loud enough i have one if you run it though apple play it is better but that is all and it will not pick up radio very well
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Reaser View Post
it is not loud enough i have one if you run it though apple play it is better but that is all and it will not pick up radio very well
Thank you, been waiting for some confirmations that I wasn't going crazy! Unbelievable they didn't make that thing louder! I guess this is one of the bugs they have to work out on the new models, really looking hard at a 2017 F6B Deluxe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode