Helmet headsets - Page 2 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 8Likes

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 09:37 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Just my opinion, take it for what is's worth. I was using the Edsets 3g headsets, and went with the Sena 20s and freewire setup. I can't be happier with my choice. the sound quality is much better. I wish I had made the change sooner. Others might have different experience, but this is mine.

Mike Harrison
'12 Blue GL1800 level 3
'06 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100
IDMWT#74
DD #1657

Exercise?!?
I thought you said Extra Fries...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 04:01 PM

Garage
I have the HJC 33 from Amazon

The seller installs the system in the helmet for you. Works ok, the right speaker volume level seems a bit low to me. but otherwise it works fine.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 07:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidheitzman View Post
Check out edsets. I love them. Much better than factory, better cords, high quality sound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slygrin View Post
Just my opinion, take it for what is's worth. I was using the Edsets 3g headsets, and went with the Sena 20s and freewire setup. I can't be happier with my choice. the sound quality is much better. I wish I had made the change sooner. Others might have different experience, but this is mine.
I'm looking at going wired with the "new" trike, especially since I found an interface for an iPod to the factory stereo (and we may go with a CB at some point) but the EdSets are pretty pricey - $235 each!

So... are they worth it?

2003 GL1800 Motor Trike - "Canth"
2002 V-Star - "Raven"

Past Master, Franklin Lodge AF&AM Grafton MA
Member Libanus Lodge #47, Bristol VT
Widows Sons VT - Charter Member
Lugeless Pavement Racers - Member #6
IDMWT #67
NRA Certified Instructor
Appleseed Instructor
FFL - Lonely Mountain Arms, Starksboro, VT

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

I ended up buying new HJC IS 33 ii helmets with the j&m elite headsets. They sound great to me. I had sierra install an aux channel on my 1500 radio. Bought the mic signal splitter from edsets and an a/b switch along with some misc cables. I now can listen to my phone music in my ears as well as talk on the phone as well as switch to my wife's phone for music. I may split her microphone signal as well so that switching to her device will give her the ability to talk on her phone as well. I have a small fortune in the set up but it works well. I recently ordered a power noise filter from sierra to eliminate charging noise in the system as well. I like it!

Sent from my 97 Aspencade
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarven1 View Post
I'm looking at going wired with the "new" trike, especially since I found an interface for an iPod to the factory stereo (and we may go with a CB at some point) but the EdSets are pretty pricey - $235 each!

So... are they worth it?

Everyone has their own opinions on what is best for them. I personally have enjoyed my Edsets. I had the original Honda headphones and microphone and the quality was not really there. I replaced the cord 3 times in 2 years and one of the headphones went out. With the edsets I can hear my CB conversations perfectly. Communicating with my wife use to be strenuous- I was always asking her to repeat. With the edsets I hear her clearly and loud. So I think it was the right choice to make the purchase. I wanted integration with the bike- without worrying about batteries. The edset cord is a much higher quality than the original and it is a bit longer making it easier to get gas without taking off the helmet. I can reach the back trunk if I need too. When I play my stereo I leave the intercom on and the mic picks up the music so I hear it even better. So for me it was the right decision. Itís all about personal taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 08:49 AM

Garage
I have used J&M, both cheap ones and the higher priced ones, I really couldn't tell much difference. I THINK J&M makes the Honda ones anyway,

It's a motorcycle, expect wind!!
IF YOU ARE BORN TWICE YOU WILL DIE ONCE
IF YOU ARE BORN ONCE YOU WILL DIE TWICE
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 05:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidheitzman View Post
Communicating with my wife use to be strenuous- I was always asking her to repeat. With the edsets I hear her clearly and loud.
You MAY have just made a sale for EdSets. I have hearing damage and will not so much as pull out of the driveway without my Howard Leight Maxx earplugs in (I don't want to lose any more!!), so I have to crank my headset up to hear through the plugs.

2003 GL1800 Motor Trike - "Canth"
2002 V-Star - "Raven"

Past Master, Franklin Lodge AF&AM Grafton MA
Member Libanus Lodge #47, Bristol VT
Widows Sons VT - Charter Member
Lugeless Pavement Racers - Member #6
IDMWT #67
NRA Certified Instructor
Appleseed Instructor
FFL - Lonely Mountain Arms, Starksboro, VT
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 05:52 PM

We purchased a pair of Nolan N104 helmets with the JM headsets installed. They are a wired system and they work fantastic. we have XM installed on our bike which is a 2007 level 3. System works great on our bike.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode