TPMS error 2018 Gold Wing - Page 3 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 16Likes

post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Doakh, you have to hit the set button to cycle the display. Bottom section shows either front pressure (Fr), back pressure (Rr) or miles to empty. Was the light “TPMS” or the flat tire symbol? The first means a system error the second low air pressure.

Ed
Havelock, NC
'18 Honda Gold Wing Tour GL1800D (frame number 502)
‘13 Victory Cross Country Tour (Traded for one hell of a machine!)
'02 Harley Sportster 1200 Custom (Traded for a big boy bike)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by encmerk View Post
Doakh, you have to hit the set button to cycle the display. Bottom section shows either front pressure (Fr), back pressure (Rr) or miles to empty. Was the light “TPMS” or the flat tire symbol? The first means a system error the second low air pressure.
The amber low air pressure image was displaying and the actual air pressure was blinking at the bottom of the display window. What do you mean by 'set' button? I need to read the manual.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah, I feel the manual will be a great asset to you with all of the information on the displays. On the top shelter you have 2 buttons. Sel and set. Select move the arrow on the left edge between the 3 information areas. Set changes what is displayed in each. For the first area you can see air temp and cruise set speed. Area 2 has your odometer and trip 1 and 2. Area 3 shows FR for front tire pressure, RR for rear tire and range for distance to empty. Page 34 starts the info on the display.
DesertRat likes this.

Ed
Havelock, NC

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 03:27 AM

Garage
You need to check the air pressure in the tires. It stopped blinking because it heated up and got in the range of where it should be. Front tire 36 psi and rear tire 41 psi. Then you shouldn’t have any issues. If it is cold out it will blink til it warms up, at least mine has.

Retired US Army Soldier
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickLB View Post
You need to check the air pressure in the tires. It stopped blinking because it heated up and got in the range of where it should be. Front tire 36 psi and rear tire 41 psi. Then you shouldn’t have any issues. If it is cold out it will blink til it warms up, at least mine has.
That appears to be what happened. The front tire was at 30 psi, too low to register. The back was 37 psi. This is a lesson to anyone buying from a private party. She told me to my face, her son has checked the tires and they were fine.

So you cannot display both tires air pressure at the same time if I read then manual correctly?
RickLB likes this.

Last edited by doakh; 06-27-2019 at 02:17 PM.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
You are correct, you must cycle between the two. But if you have one that is low it will automatically display once it registers.
RickLB likes this.

Ed
Havelock, NC
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 12:39 PM

So I had a similar issue on my Wing i collected from the dealer, on the way home i noticed the TPMS light come on. I deflated and re-inflated as per recommendation and no way of getting the light to go off. I then disconnected the battery terminal and re-connected and Presto no TPMS light. Went for a ride and after about 1 km the pressures were displayed accordingly...Nothing like a re-set...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode