Sena 20S - Page 2 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 3Likes

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 05:24 AM

I've used mine on quite a few 10 hour days, chatting constantly with the wife and listening to music, and never had any battery issues. The only time I've had any battery issues is when I've forgotten to turn it off after a short ride and don't get back to it for a couple of days. I also carry a supplemental USB battery that I use for whatever device runs low (Sena, phone, iPod, etc). Works great! It also has two USB ports and I've used it to charge two devices while in the hotel, while it is plugged in recharging itself.

Steve
budoka likes this.

Steve

2015 Goldwing NAV/ABS
IDMWT #81
Fredericksburg, Virginia

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 10:46 AM

Good morning All! Last year, 15 of us took a trip to Sturgis and not everyone had Sena products. I was one of two wings (08 Level III) and I purchased the Freewire + S20 for the trip. IMO, Sena is probably the best wireless product out there for the money and that's not cheap. However, I found it difficult to program except to use my IPhone or speak to a couple of the other riders in the group with the same product. I'll be selling my Freewire + S20 shortly because I went back to the J&M product where I can do the same hardwired and everything works to communicate my helmet. That was not cheap either. For what it's worth, wireless is very comfortable and battery charge is sufficient. I even hardwired electrical power to my Freewire so that I didn't have to worry about charging it and the S20 stayed on my helmet and I charged it in the hotel overnight. It worked fine. I don't normally post but I lurk around often reading the posts and I wish someone would have saved me the money. That's why I'm posting this and if someone wants to go wireless, I have the one time use of the products and will post the sale shortly. My 2 cents.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 05:02 PM

Garage
Namelama I will send you a PM

Jer
Let's ride and hey let's be careful out there

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 07:16 PM

I don't use a Garmin, but I use the 20S and a Freewire. I believe everything you need will come with the 20S.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slygrin View Post
I have 2 S20s and 2 Freewires. Works great. Sound quality is good, actually better than the wired system I had before. I haven't timed the battery life, but in my usage, it lasts a week or so. I have the Freewires powered from the bike and just keep watch on the S20 batteries.
The S20 has an internal lithium battery and is charged with a USB chord. Same chord as my Samsung S7 cell phone.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 07:30 PM

I havenít used the Sena units but I know a lot do. I just got helmets back from J&M with their BT units installed. I donít have the dongle (equivalent to the free wire) yet because they are just being released. But the headsets are really good. Noise canceling is excellent, both for phone and intercom. The other party has no idea youíre on a bike. Only 1 dongle is needed vs. 2 freewires, but the cost is about the same.

I should have the dongle installed soon and can report on it if anyone is interested.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Garage
Ordered mine yesterday, should be here in a couple days. Then the "learning" begins. I may just use them as a com system for herself and I and hold off on the Freewire to see how things work out come July when we head for Wyoming.

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budoka View Post
Ordered mine yesterday, should be here in a couple days. Then the "learning" begins. I may just use them as a com system for herself and I and hold off on the Freewire to see how things work out come July when we head for Wyoming.
Right on. You'll be done with the cord issues that plagued you.

Suggestion: pack a power bar. It makes it a snap being able to charge headsets and phones all at once when you get to the hotel. There never seems to be enough outlets.
budoka likes this.

2006 Honda GL1800
2012 Ural Patrol

Previous bikes:
2010 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
1983 Suzuki GS850G
1982 Yamaha Vision 550
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 04:22 PM

I use one of those remote USB battery packs. Mine has two USB slots to charge my phone or Sena headsets when Iím away from power. In the hotel I plug it into a wall and then plug the two headsets into the charger. Works double duty. Iíve also put it in the side pocket with my SMH10 (now a Freewire) when I forgot it on the bike and left it on. Iíve tried wiring the Freewire to my bike but I get feedback from the bike so I just opted for this remote battery in the remote chance I have a dead Sena device. Iíve ridden 12 plus hours and not had one go dead on me.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve

2015 Goldwing NAV/ABS
IDMWT #81
Fredericksburg, Virginia

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 04:52 AM

I have two Sena SMH10s which I charge from a 5V 10A usb power supply I hardwired to the bike. One SMH10 is always on the charger if not being used by the passenger. I have the option of leaving the SMH10 24/7 or just when the bike is running. In all the time , about 5 years , that I have had this setup I have never had battery issues with the bike or senas. The this setup I can charge my phone,GPS,Senas, Garmin Virb camera, and anything else that needs a 5V source for
charging.

Also there is a mod on the internet that allows you to use a Sena SMH10 to interface to the bike . This mod allows you to use the CB as well as all the other features of the wings infotainment system.

2017 Red Level 3
2006 Titanium Level 3
Traxxion suspension
WBRA senior member
IBA member 30028
IDMWT #100
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode