Honda Goldwing Forum banner

your bike at the fire station or with a fire truck

34K views 161 replies 34 participants last post by  detdrbuzzard 
#1 ·
post a pic of your bike at the fire station or with a fire truck or both

See less See more
#5 ·
I've got a few. In 2012 my Incident Command Team went to help after Hurricane Sandy. We started out in West Virginia to help open roads. But when we were done there we were asked by the New Jersey Fire Marshall to help with a survey of the Fire Departments along the shore. Greg from Florida and I teamed up and went from station to station to see how they were doing to recover after the storm and if the State could help them out. The majority of the Departments were Volunteer and most have been in existence since the late 1800's. A few preserved the old engines. I wasn't there on the bike but here are some of the antiques they had preserved.
1. & 2. Mannasquan VFD, 1922 Engine, I think it was a LaFrance but didn't write it down
3. Belmar VFD Station
4. Belmar VFD 1889 Steam Engine
5. Deal VFD Greg & 1952 Mack Engine

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
Three more from Hurricane Sandy in New Jersey;

1. Resources came from all over the country to help. We ran into these Mississippi State Troopers at the Long Branch Fire Station.
2. Since I was a young teen hanging out at the local fire station in Detroit I had wanted to slide down the pole. Of course they wouldn't let us kids back then, but the Branchport VFD stopped their clean up to let Greg and I complete this bucket list item.
3. Red Bank VFD Hook and Ladder Station.

4. & 5. After our 2014 Texas Hill Country Meet-N-Greet I rode the long way home. Going through Brenham, TX I noticed this museum outside their main station. It was already closed for the day but this 1879 Silsby Steam Engine was in a huge glass case.

Attachments

#9 ·
I could get a pic of my bike in front of the fire hall down the lane, but seldom do I see the trucks outside. At least when I'm on the bike...

#12 ·
Found a couple on my way home today.
1. Guin, Alabama
2. Amory, Mississippi

Attachments

#14 ·
My bike is at fire station every third day. I am a firefighter for 28 plus years. Never thought to take picture of bike at station. I guess it is picture time.
welcome to GWOF firebent

#16 ·
Being I'm not shy, I went by the fire station a couple hours ago and ask them if I could get a pic of my bike in front of the truck. They pulled it out for me (the fire truck Lee) and I got my shots I wanted. Nice guys and was there shooting the breeze with them for awhile.

Attachments

#18 ·
Firebent, welcome to the forum. I was a volunteer fire-medic in Channahon for 17 years and also never thought of taking a photo of my bike next to a truck. I keep forgetting about this thread, so posting here will hopefully help me remember. :smile2:

Attachments

#26 ·
That's about a 300 yard ride for me. The South Starksboro fire station is on the next dirt road over. Does it have to be the Gold Wing, or can I take a pic of the V-Star instead? Wing has a slow leak in the front tire, and it's about to get pulled off so I can get it fixed tomorrow.

#27 ·
the title of the thread is " your bike at the fire station or with a fire truck " not everyone onGWOF rides a Goldwing but they are on the forum

#32 ·
I wanted to get a pic at the fire station while I was in Pontiac, IL. Friday but had to settle for a pic of the mural that was on the center door

Attachments