TPMS Light - Page 3 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 5Likes

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 09:23 PM

Garage
My TPMS light comes on and goes out intermittently. No rhyme or reason it just does it. At first it alarmed me. But now I know it's going to turn off after a while it doesn't bother me much. I've only disconnected the battery for a few seconds just to wire up a heated clothing harness.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Good guys ride black bikes
IDMWT #98
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve meltzer View Post
My TPMS never switched off even with correct pressure in the tyres and a fix which Honda had in a bulletin issued stating that the Sensors needed to be activated by reducing the pressure to below 18 Lbs and re-inflating to correct pressures ...So i disconnected the battery and did a hard re-set and it works perfectly ....
How exactly do you do a hard re-set?
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Olsen View Post
So, I too bought a "new" 2016 carryover bike last week. It too showed the TPMS system warning light on from the start but would go off sometimes after driving it somewhat. It didn't necessarily come on upon start-up but would after a few minutes, but then would go off after some driving. Service Mgr. indicated that there is a battery in the wheel sensors that can go bad after sometime. That it recharges with the wheel spinning but after some years of sitting may develop a "memory" causing it to not hold a charge very well or maintain a sufficient charge to sync up with the main module sometimes. This is covered under warranty and requires the replacement of both wheel sensors in order to make sure that the "bad" one gets replaced as there is a 50/50 change of getting it wrong if you only replace one. Parts on order at this time and 2-3 day est. shipping then it's a 2-3 fix from there. Hope this takes care of it, once a for all as I hate having any warning lights illuminated.
The dealer is full of it. The batteries don't recharge when the wheel spins. They are standard cr2032 lithiums. Hopefully, the new sensors fix the problem.

2012 GL1800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode