Wingsoft Large seat feedback, please! - Honda Goldwing Forums

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Wingsoft Large seat feedback, please!

Hi folks,

I'm going back and forth between purchasing an Ultimate seat set up, and letting Wingsoft modify my seat to get more leg room. I know Ultimate makes a good seat and a lot of folks have them. Can some of you guys who have done the Wingsoft Large seat mod (for long legs) let me know your thoughts are doing the mod? It's considerably cheaper. I spoke to the company last night and the guy John seems like a good fellow. Just want to make sure I make a good decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrollin View Post
Hi folks,

I'm going back and forth between purchasing an Ultimate seat set up, and letting Wingsoft modify my seat to get more leg room. I know Ultimate makes a good seat and a lot of folks have them. Can some of you guys who have done the Wingsoft Large seat mod (for long legs) let me know your thoughts are doing the mod? It's considerably cheaper. I spoke to the company last night and the guy John seems like a good fellow. Just want to make sure I make a good decision.

@slowrollin I'm not sure that anyone else here at the GWOF has that modification other than @crownfire . Unfortunately he is a bit MIA at the moment because he is out in Oklahoma fighting wildfires so you may not get a response right away. Mark is a long time member here, a stand up guy, and one of my good friends. When he gets back to the site if this topic gets lost I will be sure to have him give you his input. I do know having ridden and been with him many times he would do the mod in a heartbeat. He loves it.

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Thanks fossil92!! I appreciate it!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to you from Mississippi. Fossil let me know you were asking about the Wingsoft seat. I'm tall and long legged so the stock seat had me a tad cramped. This aftermarket set me back about three inches by cutting out that "wing" part of the seat between the driver and passenger. It eased up my knees tremendously. At the same time the backrest was added. Before this a 700 mile day was a long one, afterwards a 900 mile day is no problem. Would I do it again? Ohhhhhh yeah!

Although I did have to add risers to the bars to bring them back and up also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Seat.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	221458  

Mark
It matters not how good you are if an angel pees on the flintlock of your musket. Old German Military saying.
2010 Honda GL1800
GWOF IB Hat #1 with WARWGN
IDMWT #86

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode