Pardon me, but another tire issue - Page 4 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 25Likes

post #31 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

much oblige Lee...I will

A giant star blew up, elements combined, a long time passed and then, there you are. The mother of all mothers, even yours, is a supernova.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nando View Post
much oblige Lee...I will

Don't ask for Lee when you call that number or Eddie may be doing impressions and you may not like the answers you get.
GoldWingKing likes this.

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91
post #33 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 02:06 PM

I am running Michelin P3 aspen 195/55/16 RUN FLAT on the rear, and Bridgestone Battleax 130/70/18 on the front.

My major reasons for going this way are 1) RIDE FLAT - I love the idea that the bike can ride with NO air in the rear tire, and 2) TRACTION. More rubber on the road, particularly in the rain. I run the front in the forward direction, not buying the braking logic, but going for the water being forced AWAY from the tire, instead of INTO it.

The extra mileage I get on these tires, for me, is a bonus. I put both tires on my bike at 22,500 miles. I had to change the front at 37,500, but more because of cupping than being worn out. I have 45,000 on the bike now and they both look great.

Most of my mileage is freeway, commuting to work, but on the weekends I do hit the curves and I hit them pretty hard, sometimes 2 up.

Did I mention that I can ride the bike with NO air in the rear tire???? For me, that's BIGTIME!

ALSO, I have FOBO tire pressure warning devices. GREAT piece of mind knowing that the pressure is right, just by looking at the cell phone. Best $100 I ever spent!
Chopin likes this.

Richie

post #34 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 04:39 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by liflyboy View Post
I am running Michelin P3 aspen 195/55/16 RUN FLAT on the rear, and Bridgestone Battleax 130/70/18 on the front.

My major reasons for going this way are 1) RIDE FLAT - I love the idea that the bike can ride with NO air in the rear tire, and 2) TRACTION. More rubber on the road, particularly in the rain. I run the front in the forward direction, not buying the braking logic, but going for the water being forced AWAY from the tire, instead of INTO it.

The extra mileage I get on these tires, for me, is a bonus. I put both tires on my bike at 22,500 miles. I had to change the front at 37,500, but more because of cupping than being worn out. I have 45,000 on the bike now and they both look great.

Most of my mileage is freeway, commuting to work, but on the weekends I do hit the curves and I hit them pretty hard, sometimes 2 up.

Did I mention that I can ride the bike with NO air in the rear tire???? For me, that's BIGTIME!

ALSO, I have FOBO tire pressure warning devices. GREAT piece of mind knowing that the pressure is right, just by looking at the cell phone. Best $100 I ever spent!

Well, there you have it. If you have personal preferences or design engineering reservations this thread is not for you. Move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee.
Darksider since I finally saw the Light.
post #35 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopin View Post
Well, there you have it. If you have personal preferences or design engineering reservations this thread is not for you. Move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't try to hijack a question about tires and turn it in to one of your crusades

Crispian

GoldWingKing likes this.

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

FR #91
post #36 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 06:18 PM

Garage
The four quickest ways to start an argument on a Goldwing forum site
1. ask questions about tires
2. ask questions about oil and filters
3. ask about politics
4. ask about religion

the last 2 work anywhere

IDMWT member #80
Never walk, when you can ride!

current ride : 2013 GL1800 Audio Comfort

Darkside Yokohama Avid ENVigor 195/55 R16
non-runflat
Double Darkside Bridgestone BT45 Battlax Front

Past rides: '98 GL1500SE
'03 750 Kawasaki Vulcan
'81 850 Suzuki
'80 550 Suzuki
post #37 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsurley View Post
The four quickest ways to start an argument on a Goldwing forum site
1. ask questions about tires
2. ask questions about oil and filters
3. ask about politics
4. ask about religion

the last 2 work anywhere

That's for sure, but we're not arguing. We're just a couple of pals having some fun

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

FR #91
post #38 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 06:28 PM

Garage
well.... argument is not really the correct word...... how about " heart felt, sincere discussion with occasional emphasis added"

I have fun like this with the boys in class..... just start talking best truck made.

IDMWT member #80
Never walk, when you can ride!

current ride : 2013 GL1800 Audio Comfort

Darkside Yokohama Avid ENVigor 195/55 R16
non-runflat
Double Darkside Bridgestone BT45 Battlax Front

Past rides: '98 GL1500SE
'03 750 Kawasaki Vulcan
'81 850 Suzuki
'80 550 Suzuki
post #39 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by liflyboy View Post

This is sensible IMHO. Great combo choice.

Reasons why I don't darkside again...yet:
While I am on the road this Summer, I don't want to have to deal with looking for someone to install a CT on my rim/bike.

In actuality, I prefer the feel of a motto tire. I darksided when it was a sin against the Apostles of Honda and the Nation in general. If you look on the list of darksider members I am # 3. I was in the front lines of the battle for acceptance back into the Flock of Honda.
I just gave up the habit for the motto tire feel.

I may go back to Darksiding after I have to change a couple of tire set and get fed up with the motto tire durability and prices again. I 'll be home with the bike and I would then know where to take it to install the CT etc.

As of now, I am shopping for a sensible durable motto tire set.

So far, it seems like only one person is using the BT45 with a motto rear.
I might try that 704Max recommended earlier.

A giant star blew up, elements combined, a long time passed and then, there you are. The mother of all mothers, even yours, is a supernova.
post #40 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 04:31 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by nando View Post
This is sensible IMHO. Great combo choice.

I darksided when it was a sin against the Apostles of Honda and the Nation in general. If you look on the list of darksider members I am # 3. I was in the front lines of the battle for acceptance back into the Flock of Honda.
I just gave up the habit for the motto tire feel.
Darkside #1039 here. I never went back. I rode on a rental Wing last year and immediately noticed the agility factor go up. At first I thought I had a flat tire, but it was me used to the effortless stability of a car tire. I'm more comfortable with stability over agility now. Murgie, the keeper of the Darside roster, helped me install my first car tire and took me on the inauguration ride through the hills of West Virginia.

Lee.
Darksider since I finally saw the Light.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode