Tourmaster Gloves just warm, not hot - Honda Goldwing Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By detdrbuzzard
  • 1 Post By Bigbiker

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Tourmaster Gloves just warm, not hot

I bought the full electric setup from Tourmaster last year. Gloves, Jacket, Pants, Soles. I really don't use the pants and soles, living in Southern California. I have a problem with the gloves. They get warm, but not hot. In temps in the 50's it's plenty warm, but in the 40's and lower, (yes it gets that cold early mornings in LA) they just aren't keeping the fingers warm. The jacket gets HOT, so much that I have to run it at 25 - 50% power to be comfortable, but the gloves on 100% are just not doing the job. I don't have heated seats or grips.

I've switched out the controller, even plugged one of the gloves directly into the bike power, and they still only get warm.

Anybody else have these gloves? Do they get hot?

I haven't brought them back to the dealer yet. Waiting to hear if my expectations are too high.

Richie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 05:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by liflyboy View Post
I bought the full electric setup from Tourmaster last year. Gloves, Jacket, Pants, Soles. I really don't use the pants and soles, living in Southern California. I have a problem with the gloves. They get warm, but not hot. In temps in the 50's it's plenty warm, but in the 40's and lower, (yes it gets that cold early mornings in LA) they just aren't keeping the fingers warm. The jacket gets HOT, so much that I have to run it at 25 - 50% power to be comfortable, but the gloves on 100% are just not doing the job. I don't have heated seats or grips.

I've switched out the controller, even plugged one of the gloves directly into the bike power, and they still only get warm.

Anybody else have these gloves? Do they get hot?

I haven't brought them back to the dealer yet. Waiting to hear if my expectations are too high.
I also got the full Tourmaster set 2 years ago. I found that at expressway speeds in the teens f or below the gloves cannot keep up. I have to alternate placing a hand in my lap to warm them up (and I have Baker hand wings). The rest of the outfit and the boot inserts seem to do well, although the pants are very difficult to get on over a pair of jeans and seem to be designed to be worn as an underlayer.
Now that I no longer commute, riding in cold temperatures has become much less attractive.

Bob
2012 ABS "Red Ghost"
IDMWT 65
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NREMTP View Post
I also got the full Tourmaster set 2 years ago. I found that at expressway speeds in the teens f or below the gloves cannot keep up. I have to alternate placing a hand in my lap to warm them up (and I have Baker hand wings). The rest of the outfit and the boot inserts seem to do well, although the pants are very difficult to get on over a pair of jeans and seem to be designed to be worn as an underlayer.
Now that I no longer commute, riding in cold temperatures has become much less attractive.
Verify if there is a resistor in the glove and if so replace it by a less value one (10 ohm vs 5 ohm)you will double the watts

Live your dream today to get an other one tomorrow

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

if the gloves are under warranty I would see about replacing or returning them
budoka likes this.

'75cb750k '05sunL 70
'79cb750f '93 gl1500 se
'79 super K '85 cb450 sc
'11 GSA
'06 mighty ST1300a

~ william ~
IDMWt #13
ama
GWOF iba with timS #03
iba 58509
mile eater
hat
moa
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 07:30 AM

If you want very effective glove made for very cold weather here is the place
http://conforteck.com/boutique/en
It's made for Québec winter and it's work and the price is good.
budoka likes this.

Live your dream today to get an other one tomorrow
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 02:04 AM

I have the tourmaster synergy 2.0 suit myself with the textile gloves. They get hot but running 80 mph fingers still get cold. I called tourmaster and it seems to be the norm for textile gloves in the 20's out. I'm gonna get the leather ones and that is supposed to be the ones to have.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Nothing rides quite like a Goldwing...
2012 GL 1800 level 2 Audio/Comfort/Navi/XM (ultra blue metallic)
1987 GL 1200 Aspencade (wine berry) sold

IDMWT Club Member#45

The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards.- Paul "Bear" Bryant
~Be allergic to average!~
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 06:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedymph1000 View Post
I have the tourmaster synergy 2.0 suit myself with the textile gloves. They get hot but running 80 mph fingers still get cold. I called tourmaster and it seems to be the norm for textile gloves in the 20's out. I'm gonna get the leather ones and that is supposed to be the ones to have.
I just bought a pair of Hotwire gloves and their vest. The gloves have three temp settings and start out on high when you first turn the glove on. These gloves keep my fingers very warm doing 70 and it's 40*F. The middle level almost does the trick at the same speed but the very very tips of my fingers cold.

The vest has four levels. It keeps your neck nice and warm without using a scarf or anything else.

Mark & Audrey
IDMWT #83
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

I have the leather gloves, and they just don't get hot enough. I guess I'll see what the dealer has to say. May have to look into heated grips.

Richie
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 09:37 AM
Lifetime Premium

My wife has had the Gerbing coat and gloves. I believe that the gloves also don't get too hot, but seem to be warm enough because she is more of a fair weather passenger.

Every man dies, not EVERY man truly LIVES!
Steve
GWRRA
1980 CB750 * 1979 GL1000 * 1982 GL1100 *
2000 GL1500 * 2009 GL1800 Airbag
IDMWT #99 (Finally admitted because I like the sound of #99)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 01:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedymph1000 View Post

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Speedy,
My Tourmaster leather gloves work fine until the temps get down into the teens (f) and at 70 + mph. Even in the teens, if I avoid the expressways and take the back roads, I am fine (I also have heated grips).
I remember posting in another long ago thread that they worked like this in below zero conditions, but it is clear that my memory that day was not exactly spot on. We do have those kind of teampures in our forecast this week and if the roads clear of the heavy salt residue and do not ice up, I plan to suit up and see how I fare on the secondary roads. I know better than to ride at high speed with my current gear in those conditions.
I suspect that the Tourmaster design team was given parameters that did not dip much below freezing. It would be nice if the manufactures could put their design parameters into their ads so we could make better choices based on how we want to ride.

Bob
2012 ABS "Red Ghost"
IDMWT 65
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode