Helmet & Comm systems - Honda Goldwing Forums

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Helmet & Comm systems

I am having a hard time finding a half helmet with a drop-down sun visor that will accept a J&M communications system for my 2006 Wing. I was looking at the HJC IS-Cruiser and called Sierra Electronics but the guy there did not recommend it due to the lower ear piece on the helmet. I am now looking at the Bell Pit Boss or Scorpion EXO-C110. Does anyone have any experience with any of these helmets with communications systems. I was really set on the HJC but now I don't know. Thanks for any help in advance.

Jeff in South Dakota
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 09:53 PM

Jeff, maybe you could flip the coin the other way. Instead of J&M, have you considered Edsets.com? They make speaker/microphone kits with Goldwing connectors specifically for half helmets. Look at their website first. If you're interested, call them before ordering and hope for some straight answers.

2003 GL1800/MotorTrike Adventure IDMWT#25x3
Ride often. Ride far. Ride safe and do much more of both.
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach him how to surf the GWOF and he won't bother you for weeks, maybe months
I'll be waitin' for you at the end of the road.
If everything had gone as planned, it would not have been an adventure.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Garage
Ditto on the Edsets for a half lid

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 09:43 PM

Garage
We have matching HJC helmets with built in speakers and microphones. We had our first ride with them last week and found them to work great. If I had model numbers I would post them but I don't I'll take pictures and post them if it would help, just let me know.
Bill

I am growing older but I'm not growing up!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentwing02 View Post
Jeff, maybe you could flip the coin the other way. Instead of J&M, have you considered Edsets.com? They make speaker/microphone kits with Goldwing connectors specifically for half helmets. Look at their website first. If you're interested, call them before ordering and hope for some straight answers.
I have to agree. Edsets does sell Headserts for half lid. I really like mine with the Thunderclap speakers and I love the 3 year warranty. If you haven't purchased yet EdSets is also running a 15% off Christmas Special on Headsets and their Bluetooth Cell Phone Integration system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode