2017 M&G - Pennsylvania "Outback" Tour - Page 76 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 939Likes

post #751 of 772 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW-Dreamer View Post
Finally made it back to Michigan @2:30 this afternoon after 2,454 miles this weekend - whew! The eclipse down in Athens, TN was awesome - the trip back up after it was over, was gruesome! Interstate jammed, took back roads and made some progress until I got gridlocked on the back roads in the 93 degree heat - yuk!

Got an interesting picture (below) - the partial eclipse reflected off a car window, with an apparent blazing Cross above it.

Thanks again to all who worked to make this happen, it was a great weekend!

P.S. - I think I like that (Edit) "Silver Surfer" nick name - maybe I'll change my screen name - who's the admin on this site?☺
I had a blast riding with you. Silver Surfer is very fitting. Hopefully, I will get the opportunity to chase you again. I absolutely loved the photos Janice took of the ST's running in tandem.

2008 ST 1300
IDMWT#2
IBA #49803
SS1000 and BB1500

THE VERY FIRST GWOF IB w/RALPHUMOR

No longer on the Darkside -

"It eases my mind to know, that in times like these, there have always been times like these."
Paul Harvey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 772 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winginpete View Post
Been a long couple of days. Left Sunday at 4:30 in a cool, foggy, and dark morning. All was going well until Cincinnati. Cincinnati was one big parking lot,took about three to four hours to go from north side to across the bridge into Kentucky. Ended up getting home at 9:00 PM that night.Pretty tired. Monday started out bad as my computer crashed. Took all day Monday to get it fixed.
So sorry that it took so long to report that Ms. Pat and I made it home safe. Had a great time, thanks to all who put it together. Looking foward to next M&G.
Great seeing you guys...I got to live the nightmare in Cincinnati, so I am empathetic. So glad you made it home.

2008 ST 1300
IDMWT#2
IBA #49803
SS1000 and BB1500

"It eases my mind to know, that in times like these, there have always been times like these."
Paul Harvey
post #753 of 772 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 09:27 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to RayJ
FOr Cincinnati you need to get crownfire to show you how. For me I got home safe today around 5. From PA went over to OH and saw some old friends and rode the final miles for the perimeter to MI. Spent the night in Findlay OH and yesterday rode via back roads to Crawfordsville IN to see an old friend from college days. Was at his house during the eclipse with a major thnderstorm. No e lapse for me. Spent the night in terre haute IN and came home today. No rain but very warn this afternoon. All is good. Great merting all you folks. Anyone wanting to come south let me know. Ha e extra beds and warm weather when you are ready.
Madrussian likes this.

RayJ

Proud Owner of IDMWT #104
Proud Owner of GEEZER GANG #11

Bike List:
1993 Harley Low Rider Black (Gone)
2005 Harley Electra Glide Black Cherry (Gone)
2015 Goldwing Black
1975 Goldwing Red

but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

post #754 of 772 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 05:00 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Sorry guys new to imgur and had to fix the album. There were about 8 pics that weren't added.

https://imgur.com/a/Xb0QT
budoka likes this.

Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91
post #755 of 772 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 05:31 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fossil92 View Post
Sorry guys new to imgur and had to fix the album. There were about 8 pics that weren't added.

https://imgur.com/a/Xb0QT
Excellent photos Janice. This will help a bit as I try to remember names. I think my kids will like to see some of these.

Bob
2012 ABS "Red Ghost"
IDMWT 65
post #756 of 772 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 01:38 PM

Garage
We made it home safely. The last leg wasn't too bad (great weather if a bit windy) even with the road construction. We rode more miles under construction than not while in Michigan and Indiana. In Indiana there was a lot of < 5mph and stop-and-go. Red Ghost is in its shed and the pool is turning green. Except for unpacking and a little laundry (and pool maintenance) we are just relaxin'. Total mileage was 2025.
fossil92 and George Henderson like this.

Bob
2012 ABS "Red Ghost"
IDMWT 65
post #757 of 772 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 02:21 PM

Garage
I can finally report that I just made it home. Terry already posted on our travel slow down through Kentucky. Once we got close to Little Rock things got much better. Once we got to Terry's I slept 3 hours at (Thanks Terry) and then headed to Fort Worth to a friends house to follow up on my daughters mission trip to Nicaragua that just ended on Sunday. Left around 10 am, as it started raining about 6:30 am and wanted to let the rain to pass before leaving. I ran into some rain until I got south of Fort Worth and then it got hot, 93-95 the rest of the way home. 4,223miles total for the trip.

2010 Yellow comfort package with airbag
Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP 195/55-16
Kuryakyn Hwy pegs, back rest, arm rest
LED fog lights
2006 Tailwind trailer
US Army Veteran (none combat)
post #758 of 772 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 03:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01excursion View Post
I can finally report that I just made it home. Terry already posted on our travel slow down through Kentucky. Once we got close to Little Rock things got much better. Once we got to Terry's I slept 3 hours at (Thanks Terry) and then headed to Fort Worth to a friends house to follow up on my daughters mission trip to Nicaragua that just ended on Sunday. Left around 10 am, as it started raining about 6:30 am and wanted to let the rain to pass before leaving. I ran into some rain until I got south of Fort Worth and then it got hot, 93-95 the rest of the way home. 4,223miles total for the trip.

Now thats some miles!!

2003 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000 (Red Sonja)

Yeeehaawwww!!

Dustin

post #759 of 772 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFINREF View Post
I had a blast riding with you. Silver Surfer is very fitting. Hopefully, I will get the opportunity to chase you again. I absolutely loved the photos Janice took of the ST's running in tandem.
Phil - I also had a great time on Friday! Since I'm out of work for a while, maybe I'll take run down your way and look you up and visit my step-son and his wife in (dare I say it...) Auburn, AL.

BTW - Thanks for idea on the screen name - budoka was able to transform me from the old "GW-Dreamer" to the new "Silver-Surfer"

Sing to Him who rides across the heavens, his mighty voice thundering from the sky. Ps 68:33
post #760 of 772 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Surfer View Post
Phil - I also had a great time on Friday! Since I'm out of work for a while, maybe I'll take run down your way and look you up and visit my step-son and his wife in (dare I say it...) Auburn, AL.

BTW - Thanks for idea on the screen name - budoka was able to transform me from the old "GW-Dreamer" to the new "Silver-Surfer"
Auburn... Nonetheless, Silver Surfer fits your Michael McDonald look and that mighty ST. I will pm you my cell number. Lock it in......Keep in mind Volleyball starts tomorrow and my time will be very limited until late October.
Silver-Surfer likes this.

2008 ST 1300
IDMWT#2
IBA #49803
SS1000 and BB1500

Paul Harvey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode