2017 M&G - Pennsylvania "Outback" Tour - Page 51 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 939Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #501 of 772 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 09:49 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by WARWGN View Post
as of now my planned route.

<<URL was here>>

should be a hell of a weekend ride.
Looks like an adventure!

Be aware that 68 is a great scenic route (though at speed), but gas stations are few and far between on some sections, so plan accordingly ;-)

SteveInVA

Riding a Suzuki C50T to gain experience. Looking forward to a Gold Wing...
SteveInVA is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #502 of 772 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 10:21 AM
Senior Member
 
WARWGN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Central Mississippi
Posts: 2,494
Garage
I get 280 miles to a tank of gas so should be fine, but great info to be aware of. The big thing I forgot was notification at work, I have a Clearance so supposed to give 30 days notification for any foreign travel, which I just did so hope they don't have a fit.

2003 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000 (Red Sonja)

Yeeehaawwww!!

Dustin

WARWGN is online now  
post #503 of 772 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
fossil92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NE PA
Posts: 27,271
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInVA View Post
Looks like an adventure!

Be aware that 68 is a great scenic route (though at speed), but gas stations are few and far between on some sections, so plan accordingly ;-)

SteveInVA

Dustin what Steve said is spot on but also 79 is a great interstate as well, until at least you get around Bridegeport, then it's a normal blah slab.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WARWGN View Post
I get 280 miles to a tank of gas so should be fine, but great info to be aware of. The big thing I forgot was notification at work, I have a Clearance so supposed to give 30 days notification for any foreign travel, which I just did so hope they don't have a fit.

Have no FEAR, Mark will vouch for you.
crownfire likes this.



Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider


GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4


FR #91
fossil92 is online now  
 
post #504 of 772 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
fossil92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NE PA
Posts: 27,271
Garage
Looks to be most of "y'all" coming up from the South are using the direct Rt. 872 up into Coudersport which is as I said the most direct way and certainly what I would do also but.....

If any of you want to ride a super nice, super smooth 70 mph Interstate with nice elevation changes and roller coaster style turns when you are leaving Coudersport then work your way east on Rt. 6 to I-15 head south to Williamsport.

Trust me you won't be sorry. Several of the boys can vouch for this including the Canadians that were just here.
budoka likes this.



Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider


GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4


FR #91
fossil92 is online now  
post #505 of 772 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 01:20 PM
Administrator
 
budoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Athabasca, Alberta, short season & huge bugs
Posts: 25,577
Garage
So jealous now me...(whine, sniffle, snort...)

grab all the kicks you can baby, you only make this scene once!
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
budoka is offline  
post #506 of 772 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 06:26 PM
Senior Member
 
crownfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Meltonville, Mississippi
Posts: 13,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by WARWGN View Post
as of now my planned route.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/1925...d32.228649!3e0

should be a hell of a weekend ride.
Looks great. But I need to suggest instead of going through Detroit you head west to Lansing and then south on I-69 and Fort Wayne. Unless you need to go through Toledo, but I don't know many who "need" to see Toledo.

Mark
It matters not how good you are if an angel pees on the flintlock of your musket. Old German Military saying.
2010 Honda GL1800
GWOF IB Hat #1 with WARWGN
IDMWT #86

crownfire is online now  
post #507 of 772 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 07:41 PM
Senior Member
 
MotownWing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 119
Just a quick update for the PA trip. I will not be joining you all on this ride unfortunately. I hope to be able to get together with you sometime and do some riding.

Have a great time!
MotownWing is offline  
post #508 of 772 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 07:45 PM
Senior Member
 
EFINREF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 7,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by fossil92 View Post
Looks to be most of "y'all" coming up from the South are using the direct Rt. 872 up into Coudersport which is as I said the most direct way and certainly what I would do also but.....

If any of you want to ride a super nice, super smooth 70 mph Interstate with nice elevation changes and roller coaster style turns when you are leaving Coudersport then work your way east on Rt. 6 to I-15 head south to Williamsport.

Trust me you won't be sorry. Several of the boys can vouch for this including the Canadians that were just here.
I would be interested in that route. Right now, I am considering the route that will take me to Delaware, NJ to Coudersport. Could you shoot me a map of that.

2008 ST 1300
IDMWT#2
IBA #49803
SS1000 and BB1500

THE VERY FIRST GWOF IB w/RALPHUMOR


No longer on the Darkside -



"It eases my mind to know, that in times like these, there have always been times like these."
Paul Harvey
EFINREF is online now  
post #509 of 772 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 08:18 PM
Senior Member
 
MotownWing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 119
Good call, plus I75 South of the City of Detroit is closed in the Downriver area for bridge repairs.
crownfire likes this.
MotownWing is offline  
post #510 of 772 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
fossil92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NE PA
Posts: 27,271
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFINREF View Post
I would be interested in that route. Right now, I am considering the route that will take me to Delaware, NJ to Coudersport. Could you shoot me a map of that.


I shall do so young man



Whoever said a woman can't make up their mind never met a Male Motorcycle Rider


GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4


FR #91
fossil92 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome