Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

******* Rendevous the Revenge

131K views 1K replies 38 participants last post by  Scooter1 
#1 ·
So I have seen a couple posts here and there about an east Tenn. M&G in September, is there a plan yet or just talk?

#2 ·
I'm in for one as long as it doesn't conflict with WINGDING in Huntsville.

#3 · (Edited)
Pete, (Golddragon) had an open weekend the last of September. The 25th to 27th if memory serves correctly. He would come down for a taste of peach.

That could be a good weekend for me also as most western fires have settled down by then. I've been gone that late before but it's pretty rare.

Just playing with the map last night and Ashville is
600 miles from myself and Pete,
580 miles from Bill,
488 miles from Ken,
445 miles from Lee(he said that was doable),
300 miles from Phil

Just some of the usual suspects and I hope others would be interested.

Just some numbers and a spot. NE Tennessee has some good roads too and is right next to SW Virginia if you go to Bristol or Johnson City.

Maggie Valley is always a great area. BRP is close by, Wheels Through Time Museum, other great roads that you would need a week to even ride most of them.

Reactions: Chopin
#6 ·
Maggie Valley?

I did a short search for motels and found prices for double bed rooms from 60 to 130 a night.

#7 ·
I have a room booked in October at this place. Seemed reasonable and I could switch it to Sept 25.

Hearth & Home Inn - Maggie Valley
3376 Dellwood Road, NC 28786

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#10 · (Edited)
Google shows 1,060 miles for me to Asheville, but probably more like 1,350 if I go via the UP of Michigan. If you can go on this trip, Doc/William, I'd like to rendezvous with you anywhere from Michigan to southern Ohio/northern Kentucky and ride in together.

Don't worry about your neck not being red, Will. We'll just carry copies of the photo of Big Ken's plumber's butt; it will serve as our "traveling credentials" south of the Mason-Dixon line!:surprise:>:)

#19 ·
Don't worry about your neck not being red, Will. We'll just carry copies of the photo of Big Ken's plumber's butt; it will serve as our "traveling credentials" south of the Mason-Dixon line!:surprise:>:)

Ha ha ha. I sure hope that will get you by the "authorities!"

http://youtu.be/hEN_Ya687oc

#14 ·
We'll just rope off an area for Pete and Phil to camp in.....:surprise::lala: Reckon even the critters will give them plenty of room!:wink2:

#23 ·
Besides Wheels Through Time Museum, if we were to go to Maggie Valley, how about this for a day ride;
https://goo.gl/maps/HULxh

283 miles, including NC Hwy 215 and NC Hwy 209, Mt. Mitchell and Linville Falls along the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Wheels Through Time is open Thursday to Monday, 09:00 to 17:00, admission $12.00.

I may have to get there Thursday.........

What do y'all think?

Reactions: Tatanka
#25 ·
283 miles, including NC Hwy 215 and NC Hwy 209, Mt. Mitchell and Linville Falls along the Blue Ridge Parkway.

I may have to get there Thursday.........

What do y'all think?
I have done part of 215. Its very technical. I am liking this.

#28 ·
I'm in! this gonna just be a over night or a all weekend thing?

#29 ·
Seems like we ought to plan for at least a couple of days anyway, the weekend, with some of us coming in a little earlier. I know Mark is thinking about closing a gap on the Blue Ridge Parkway that he has yet to run. I'd be up for joining you on that, Mark. I haven't ridden the BRP for over 20 years!:geezer:

Probably will be a solo ride on the way back from the Charlotte, NC after our M&G, but I'm really looking forward to riding the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia, heading west through West Virginia and into Kentucky. Much different than riding the mountains of the US West, but beautiful in their own right and so full of history!:smile2:

#31 ·
10-4, he'll definitely be a red neck by the time that ride is over!:grin2:

#32 ·
I'm good with a weekend thing, maybe can stretch it longer than that if I can get Mrs. Speedy to agree. Lol! I'm looking forward to seeing everybody again, maybe George and Mrs. Norma will be healed up by then.

#36 · (Edited)
That'll be great. I'm really thinking about being there for two days. That way one can be a good ride and the other hanging out and visiting the museum. Phil had an idea of one place to stay and there are a couple others just a little down the main road west of there about the same price range.

Although space is limited and if we are going to do this then we better get on with making reservations. That area stays busy.

#35 ·
if you are riding through Michigan we may as well meet somewhere south of Detroit. if not I would need to know your route, for me it would mostly be a ride south on I-75 leaving out early to get through some of the construction in toledo

#40 ·
I put in to be off Thursday-Sunday of that week, I may just go up on Thursday and be waiting on Y'all to get there on Friday.

#48 ·
I'll make a couple calls later this morning. How many rooms y'all think? I've got four doubles right now.....but I didn't go back and count.

#50 ·
So, I've got;
Dustin
Pete
Phil (got your note, floor space)
Shannon
Kevin
William
Myself

Maybe;
Ralph
Ken?

I'm on my own too, Martena isn't even thinking about a 600 mile ride to get there, nor does she have any leave left over. Three rooms maybe four, right now. I'll call Phil's place first then the Alamo and Clarketon are right next to each other. Those were the least expense and all their web sites show motorcycle friendly. Lots of other places besides that and any ideas please pass them on. Probably right after lunch before I get to it.

#63 ·
Dadgumit! Another awesome M&G that'll I'll have to miss - and it's right in my backyard!

I'll be riding from Charlotte to Phoenix the week prior to participate in a special presentation on Sunday, 9/27. Shucks!

One of these days I'll make one of these things...

Sounds like a great time is coming together. Ya'll have fun and ride safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.