Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fall Meet-n-Greet; Guntersville, Alabama

15K views 99 replies 18 participants last post by  Jinx 
#1 · (Edited)
October 10 to 13, 2019, Guntersville, Alabama.

You can start reserving a room after 09:00 on Tuesday, July 23, 2019:
Wyndham Garden
2140 Gunter Ave.
Guntersville, AL 35976
Phone; 256-677-9083 Update; don't press 1 for reservations, press 3 and speak to the front desk.
Under group rate for Goldwing Owners Forum for King or 2 double beds will be $95 per night (plus tax) if we book at least 8 rooms. There will be another bike group the same weekend. They have 20 rooms set aside for us.
Free breakfast if you sign up for their rewards program, which can be done at check in. Also, it’s a short walk to Main Channel Brewery which our Efinref is associated with. Good beer and they often have food trucks present.

I’m sure not many will show up until Friday, but I am planning on arriving Thursday the 10th. I’m thinking about a ride on Friday up into north Alabama, maybe Huntsville for the US Space and Rocket Center Museum or a couple Brewery visits. Other ideas are appreciated. The feature ride Saturday will be down to Leeds and a visit to Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum. An awesome place and you will want to spend 5 to 6 hours seeing all the great bikes they have on display. I hear that they added a new wing on the museum last year. There is a barbeque place close by for a lunch break. (Maybe we can plan a takeout order and a couple of us can go pick it up.) Sunday would be the day to hit your escape route and head home, or continue on your own personal adventure.

Of course, all rides are optional, do your own thing if you so desire. Evenings socializing with friends is always on the agenda.

Also, a reminder to not miss WARWGN’s wedding plans for October 26 in Hattiesburg, MS. The Friday before we will meet up for a ride down some nice back roads to Bay St. Louis for lunch. Here is the link to your invitation to their event: https://www.goldwingowners.com/foru...issippi-meet-greet-wedding-oct-25th-27th.html

Thanks to Efinref and Beve for help setting this up. Efinref is the local contact for the motel and Beve for poking me (sooooo many times) about setting this up.

See less See more
#4 ·
May make this one . Was planning a cross country around then to meet up with the wife out in Oregon. Just need to wait for her to plan her vacation.

#8 ·
There are many great local rides in that area.
We usually do a great waterfall tour of 3 great waterfalls
http://www.noccalulafallspark.com/
https://www.nps.gov/liri/planyourvisit/little-river-falls.htm
http://www.seehighfalls.com/

Not to mention the some 200 miles of twisty roads!!!!
Lake Guntersville State Park area and around beautiful Lake Guntersville has everything you could ask for in a ride.

Little River Canyon has become a motorcycle Mecca

And always remember at Main Channel Brewery, we will have free beer tomorrow!!!

#11 ·
I sent a message to some of the members that may not be on the forum as much any more.
Hopefully we can get a great crowd....The colors will be changing and the vistas will be gorgeous.

#14 ·
I have my reservation;

Wyndham Garden
2140 Gunter Ave.
Guntersville, AL 35976
Phone; 256-677-9083
Update; don't press 1 for reservations, press 3 and speak to the front desk.
It's under group rate for Goldwing Owners Forum for King or 2 double beds will be $95 per night (plus tax) if we book at least 8 rooms. There will be another bike group the same weekend. They have 20 rooms set aside for us.

#18 ·
This is most likely my route there;
https://goo.gl/maps/ZuWV32JTnwuPDgzZ6
Includes a stop at Clarkson Covered Bridge. Depending of course on weather and anyone else tagging along from this side of the destination.

I have a room with 2 beds so if anyone wants to share a room just let me know.

Reactions: George Henderson
#19 ·
Dang guys. You need to consult me before setting dates on these things. Just kidding. I will miss this one also. We will be in TN and State plays Tn on oct 12. George and Norma will be at that game with us. You guys have fine. Great rides up there for those who haven’t been.

#21 ·
Hmmmm! I am seeing your perfect attendance for the year being torn apart by being sick 10/10 10/11. 2 days of rest relaxation is what you need. You are looking a bit sick now. 0:)0:)

Reservations made!! :Happy:

#23 · (Edited)
Again we have it penciled in. It's a lot closer than Banner Elk was to us so we may be able to make this one. We sure hope so. BTW are there any campgrounds close, in case we have to go that route?

Edit; Nevermind, Carol just informed me we can afford to do this or Dustin & Lauras wedding and the wedding comes first. So we'll see you all at the wedding.

#24 ·
Edit; Nevermind, Carol just informed me we can afford to do this or Dustin & Lauras wedding and the wedding comes first. So we'll see you all at the wedding.
That's good. See you in Hattiesburg.

#25 ·
Trying to keep this relevant.....I checked the weather for that weekend and it supposed to be perfect. Morning temps in the 60s and highs in 70's.:icon_smile:

#26 ·
Sounds like either gathering is worthy.

Sometimes it sucks to be sitting with just soooo much real estate to cover to get somewhere....:frown2:

#34 ·
Looks like Me and Laura are in on this one too, just called and made reservations��
I was really hoping you two would be up for this. Great to hear and I'm looking forward to it.

#51 ·
Oh Lord!!! JustEd.....If I don't know you or you don't know me, I will be very surprised. I have lived on Sand Mountain all my days and taught school at Albertville for 21 years. SO.........Who is the real JustEd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.