Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Mississippi Meet & Greet/Wedding Oct 25th-27th

16K views 108 replies 15 participants last post by  crownfire 
#1 · (Edited)
Well it is set for number 3!! October 26th in Hattiesburg MS at St. Fabian church at 11:00AM. I plan to do a ride on Friday the 25th as a bachelor and bachelorette party, not sure of those details yet but will figure it out.

Everyone is invited, and we do not expect any gifts or stuff like that, we just want to have a lot of friends and family to join us. Dress how you want, we dont care we just want you here, the reception is a byob type event, we are planning to meet at a local bar/eatery just like a meet n greet. The fun will be 10/25 to 10/27 and we are heading to tbe Bahamas on the 28th.

This is a simple wedding but the first for both of us in a church so a big deal for us personally and would love to share the day with our two wheel family:grin2:

#3 ·
Dustin, you already know I'll be working on this.

#4 ·
You might want to let everyone know the Bride's name: Laura.

I have it on my calendar. Be sure to let me know the Friday plans too.

#9 ·
So looking at the map I think a nice cruise down to Biloxi then back to Gulfport then back to Hattiesburg for a friday ride. Of course eat lunch and supper along the way, should be a good day. Right now I am working on getting a GL1800, so hope to be on that by the time all this comes about.

#10 ·
Suggestions:
Gulfport; Half Shell Oyster House, within a block of Chandeleur Island Brewing.
Biloxi; McElroy's Harbor House (This is where I took Martena on our first date)
Vancleave; The Shed Barbeque & Blues Joint (2nd best ribs ever)

#12 ·
But of course!

https://goo.gl/maps/YexNWQoGXD3vSG488

Bay St. Louis;
#1. Trapani's, a place that has been there forever.
#2. The Blind Tiger, changed names since I've been there, but a nice spot to eat.
#3. 200 North Beach Restaurant & Bar, new but good reviews.

#13 ·
Mark, you should ride through Mississippi sometime. You'll probably like it.

Reactions: crownfire
#14 · (Edited)
I'll do my best!

>:)

I did live in Bay St. Louis for 24 years, so I kind of know the coast pretty well.

From Hattiesburg you can get there the boring way, or some fair back roads. Another choice is through Louisiana and the very south end is my old Rusty Bridges ride along Hwy 11 and 90;
https://goo.gl/maps/NXsAT79QcwDf7AEv5

#16 ·
I would so love to be there for the nuptials, but October and this neck of the woods can get real dicey for riding. My hearty congrats to the two of you just the same.

#18 ·
We've got it penciled on the calendar. It's only 600 miles so we may be able to do it in 2 days there and 2 days back. Just don't tell my Doctor.

Reactions: crownfire
#23 ·
You are making things happen Dustin that's for sure. That is a beauty of a Wing...........of course it is in serious need of some de-chroming:surprise:

>:)

Reactions: Chopin
#37 ·
I can see that in my future, maybe a good breakin ride for my Laura[emoji16]
That will definitely either cement her future in the saddle or cement your future in the dog house.

:biglaugh:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#38 ·
She knows its coming, she is planning on going with me to pick it up so will get a nice little 450 mile ride in as her first Goldwing experience. Gonna get us new helmets and install headsets before we go get it and an F4 windshield to install so should be a good ride home.

Good thing is I kinda know what to do and take for a longer ride�� oh and to top.it off we will be taking Tina with us����

#39 ·
She knows its coming, she is planning on going with me to pick it up so will get a nice little 450 mile ride in as her first Goldwing experience. Gonna get us new helmets and install headsets before we go get it and an F4 windshield to install so should be a good ride home.

Good thing is I kinda know what to do and take for a longer ride�� oh and to top.it off we will be taking Tina with us����
You've no taken her for a ride on the bike yet? And you're still marrying her? Man she must be some kind of special. >:)0:):grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.