Nc meet & greet, 2019 - Page 47 - Honda Goldwing Forums
 1244Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #461 of 490 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 09:43 PM
Senior Member
 
BMills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bryan Texas
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownfire View Post
I also made it home yesterday. The BRP from Banner Elk to Ashville was a nice and chilly ride. It got down to 59 degrees for a bit. Met up with a fire friend in Cherokee for a late breakfast and then to Chattanooga for a run on the go fast roads home. It was a sweaty ride across Alabama and 95 degrees, but it cooled off to 90 by the time I made it home.

An excellent weekend. Thanks to those who were able to make it, and we missed those who were there in spirit. I'll try to add some pictures tonight.

Mark and Steve may have cost me a big pile of money. I knew that I should not test ride the new model Wing before I was ready to purchase......
Just retire earlier, problem solved.

Bill Mills "BEBO"
Bryan TX.
IDMWT #48
99 1500 SE "Pearl"
BMills is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #462 of 490 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 06:57 AM
Senior Member
 
crownfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Meltonville, Mississippi
Posts: 13,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMills View Post
Just retire earlier, problem solved.
It would bring up other problems. Solve one, create others.....but I do think more on it every day.

Mark
It matters not how good you are if an angel pees on the flintlock of your musket. Old German Military saying.
2010 Honda GL1800
GWOF IB Hat #1 with WARWGN
IDMWT #86

crownfire is online now  
post #463 of 490 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 08:17 AM
Got home at 12:15am this morning. Left Ironhorse campgrounds at 6:30am yesterday, rode thru Cherokee and Smokey Mountain NP then between Knoxville and Lexington it started to rain hard. Spent time at three different exits (several hours) trying to wait it out. Final let up enough to slog north at about 55mph, rode out of it at Cincinnati mid afternoon.
Got off I75 at Dayton, OH and my GPS could not find a way back on. We were right in the middle of the section wiped out by the tornado, so many closed roads due to down trees and power lines even the locals could not direct us back to E-way.
After finally finding a route back onto I75 decided to just ride all the way home because of forecast for more heavy weather today. Made for a longer day than planned but made it home safe.
Had a good week with rain to bookend it. Was very nice to meet and ride with all you folks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dayton tornado damage 1.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	263251   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dayton tornado damage 2.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	263253   Click image for larger version

Name:	dayton-tornado damage-3.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	263255  

Friends don't let friends do stupid stuff (alone)
2003 GL1800, 1978 Kawasaki KZ650(needs restoring)

"Glory Days"

Jim King, Beartooth Clan member, IDMWT #89, Geezer Gang #2, 2018 Beer Cap Champ

Last edited by 823Jim; 05-30-2019 at 08:38 AM.
823Jim is online now  
 
post #464 of 490 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 08:59 AM
Senior Member
 
JKWinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Midvale, Utah
Posts: 579
Garage
We rode the Dragon Monday and the did Cherohala skyway Tuesday. Both were fantastic! We both loved meeting everyone! Made some new friends too! Thanks to everyone for making it happen! Still making our way westward to Utah. Nashville was interesting. Got lost but finally found our way back to the hotel. In Missouri we're gonna see Ozarkland to get goodies for the kids and a quick look see at the Auto Museum and one more stop at Arrowhead stadium then on to Nebraska.

Good guys ride black bikes!
IDMWT# 98

Good guys ride black bikes
IDMWT #98

Last edited by JKWinger; 05-30-2019 at 09:17 AM.
JKWinger is online now  
post #465 of 490 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 05:35 PM
Senior Member
 
BMills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bryan Texas
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownfire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMills View Post
Just retire earlier, problem solved.
It would bring up other problems. Solve one, create others.....but I do think more on it every day.
Counting the days till I can hang it up. I should say years (2).
Ralphumor likes this.

Bill Mills "BEBO"
Bryan TX.
IDMWT #48
99 1500 SE "Pearl"
BMills is online now  
post #466 of 490 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 05:40 PM
Senior Member
 
BMills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bryan Texas
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKWinger View Post
We rode the Dragon Monday and the did Cherohala skyway Tuesday. Both were fantastic! We both loved meeting everyone! Made some new friends too! Thanks to everyone for making it happen! Still making our way westward to Utah. Nashville was interesting. Got lost but finally found our way back to the hotel. In Missouri we're gonna see Ozarkland to get goodies for the kids and a quick look see at the Auto Museum and one more stop at Arrowhead stadium then on to Nebraska.

Good guys ride black bikes!
IDMWT# 98
I see popo made the ride, wish my beagle would ride, love her company almost as much as Laura's but don't tell her.

Bill Mills "BEBO"
Bryan TX.
IDMWT #48
99 1500 SE "Pearl"
BMills is online now  
post #467 of 490 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 05:58 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Chopin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Centreville, VA 2008 Pearly White.
Posts: 23,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKWinger View Post
We rode the Dragon Monday and the did Cherohala skyway Tuesday. Both were fantastic! We both loved meeting everyone! Made some new friends too! Thanks to everyone for making it happen! Still making our way westward to Utah. Nashville was interesting. Got lost but finally found our way back to the hotel. In Missouri we're gonna see Ozarkland to get goodies for the kids and a quick look see at the Auto Museum and one more stop at Arrowhead stadium then on to Nebraska.

Good guys ride black bikes!
IDMWT# 98
Never saw Angie on her own saddle, but I've seen Popo on his leash.

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

Lee.
Darksider since I finally saw the Light.
Chopin is online now  
post #468 of 490 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
George Henderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Winterville, NC
Posts: 6,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by 823Jim View Post
Got home at 12:15am this morning. Left Ironhorse campgrounds at 6:30am yesterday, rode thru Cherokee and Smokey Mountain NP then between Knoxville and Lexington it started to rain hard. Spent time at three different exits (several hours) trying to wait it out. Final let up enough to slog north at about 55mph, rode out of it at Cincinnati mid afternoon.
Got off I75 at Dayton, OH and my GPS could not find a way back on. We were right in the middle of the section wiped out by the tornado, so many closed roads due to down trees and power lines even the locals could not direct us back to E-way.
After finally finding a route back onto I75 decided to just ride all the way home because of forecast for more heavy weather today. Made for a longer day than planned but made it home safe.
Had a good week with rain to bookend it. Was very nice to meet and ride with all you folks.
Glad you made it home safely, Jim & Dave, and enjoyed meeting you two. Great riding together and hanging out. Your ride home sounds dismal but thanks for making the trip.
823Jim, RickLB and JKWinger like this.

George Henderson is offline  
post #469 of 490 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 08:10 PM
Senior Member
 
BMills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bryan Texas
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by 823Jim View Post
Got home at 12:15am this morning. Left Ironhorse campgrounds at 6:30am yesterday, rode thru Cherokee and Smokey Mountain NP then between Knoxville and Lexington it started to rain hard[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/images/smilies/badmood.gif[/IMG]. Spent time at three different exits (several hours) trying to wait it out. Final let up enough to slog north at about 55mph, rode out of it at Cincinnati mid afternoon.
Got off I75 at Dayton, OH and my GPS could not find a way back on. We were right in the middle of the section wiped out by the tornado, so many closed roads due to down trees and power lines even the locals could not direct us back to E-way.
After finally finding a route back onto I75 decided to just ride all the way home because of forecast for more heavy weather today. Made for a longer day than planned but made it home safe.
Had a good week with rain to bookend it. Was very nice to meet and ride with all you folks.
Glad ya'll made it home safe Jim. It was a pleasure meeting you and Dave, hopefully we will meet again. Till then you 2 be safe.

Bill Mills "BEBO"
Bryan TX.
IDMWT #48
99 1500 SE "Pearl"
BMills is online now  
post #470 of 490 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 03:24 PM
Senior Member
 
JKWinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Midvale, Utah
Posts: 579
Garage
We are home safe n sound! Much better weather coming home!

Good guys ride black bikes!
IDMWT# 98

Good guys ride black bikes
IDMWT #98
JKWinger is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome