How to ride the twisties! - Page 2 - Honda Goldwing Forums
http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Honda Goldwing Forums > Goldwing Motorcycle Discussion Forums > Honda Goldwing Forum General Discussion

Old 10-16-2010, 10:58 PM   #11
easyrider

I am 42 and I still have some wild hairs up my rear and ever now and then I will ride it like that, but for the most part I just sit back and enjoy the ride.

This just goes to show that the Goldwing is an all around great bike to ride. You could ride it like a sports bike in the curves and still ride it for 6 to 8 hours without getting tired. I love my Goldwing.
easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2010, 08:09 AM   #12
Badrider
Lifetime Premium

When I ride many a times I will scrap my floor boards. I have had to replace the little disc underneath the boards. I freaks people out when they are in the near vicinity to hear the big scrap. My wife on the back always gives me hell when she is on the back and I scrap.
I have a good friend that rides an 1800 and will scrap the back saddle bags wising around ramp at a nice speed. I don't have the kohonies to do that. Never been on a 1800 to ride it for awhile and feel comfortable to put it to the test.
GWRRA
1980 CB750 1979 GL1000 1982 GL1100 2000 GL1500
Badrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #13
knwe55

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
Way out of my league,,,,I guess if I was to ride like that it would be on a crotch rocket.....to each his own I guess.
I am the same way,I just got back from the Dragon and while I was riding the Dragon going little more than the speed limit My Wife and I were enjoing everything when a Fellow Winger got behind me honking and being a Butt Head "I kept it clean" untill I got off to let him Pass, If my Wife was not on I would of gave him his money`s worth. I did not ride all the way up there to do the dragon in two minutes time,And I should not half to pull over to let every racers by,Now if there was a lot behind me yea sure I would of let them pass but just one jerk,Everyone has the same right to Ride and if you are doing the legal limit there should be no questions
Old 10-17-2010, 12:05 PM   #14
Dookoo

If someone is wanting to pavement strafe behind you, don't let your ego get in the way and just let him pass. I always enjoy it if someone with good skills gets out in front of me and gives 'free' lessons. It bugs me when someone else wishes to dictate your speed. I am not condoning recklessness, just sharing the road with riders of differing abilities, skills, and passions.
Dookoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:37 PM   #15
Chopin
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by knwe55 View Post
I am the same way,I just got back from the Dragon and while I was riding the Dragon going little more than the speed limit My Wife and I were enjoing everything when a Fellow Winger got behind me honking and being a Butt Head "I kept it clean" untill I got off to let him Pass, If my Wife was not on I would of gave him his money`s worth. I did not ride all the way up there to do the dragon in two minutes time,And I should not half to pull over to let every racers by,Now if there was a lot behind me yea sure I would of let them pass but just one jerk,Everyone has the same right to Ride and if you are doing the legal limit there should be no questions
One reason I have no desire to ride the dragon. Too much testosterone around to make it a fun ride. Apparently that ride can only be considered a " challenge ". Your " Butt Head " should have accepted your lead position as another challenge and displayed is abilities and bravado by passing you on a turn. He was a wussy.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:39 PM   #16
MarkH

I am heading to deals gap this wednesday for a five day trip...I will be going that fast on the gap and will scrape my foot pegs....a friend of mine wore his pegs to the point he had to replace them...

Do you want to know the secret to doing those turns that fast....

KEEP YOU HEAD UP...once you look down at the road you are done and will tip the bike.....

It is not unsafe to make turns of that nature....what is unsafe is riding outside of your experience and limitations....Ride within your limits regardless of who you ride with

Safe Ride...
Old 10-17-2010, 03:40 PM   #17
knwe55

One minute there is no one behind me next thing I know someone is blowing the horn,I would be happy to let him pass but I am not taking the ditch for no one, He has no Lessoins for me!! Maybe he needs a lession in respect.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:42 PM   #18
knwe55

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopin114 View Post
One reason I have no desire to ride the dragon. Too much testosterone around to make it a fun ride. Apparently that ride can only be considered a " challenge ". Your " Butt Head " should have accepted your lead position as another challenge and displayed is abilities and bravado by passing you on a turn. He was a wussy.
You are 100 percent right Chopin
Old 10-19-2010, 09:27 PM   #19
Sludge

Ive ridden mine that way. I dont do it often but the bike will go there comfortably. Actually, this last weekend I was down there and put her though her paces, but not on the Dragon... too many cops and leaf watchers this time around. I turned her loose early in the morning on HWY 28 and on the Cherohala Skyway a bit. Drug the pegs alot and the hard stuff a bit too.

2003 Goldwing
2003 Valkyrie (supercharged)
Sludge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:00 AM   #20
Parman

Cool video but I don't have the nuts to ride that hard. I've played around a few times to try and drag my pegs. I cant lean one over that far.
Parman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement