confused:A buddy of mine that I ride with all the time has a 2004 GL1800. In the last week he has had problems
. This is the info he gave me:
1) A couple of weeks ago I heard loud static noise for no apparent reason. Lasted around 10-20 seconds. The loudness of the static would lower as I lowered the cb volume. This happens intermittently (but not very often) over the last week or so. Raising the squelch level did not help the problem.
2) Last weekend in our group ride people complained they could hear me only intermittently. Sometimes they could hear me. Sometimes my voice sounded like it was crackling. Seemed to occur more when my Zumo 660 MP3 was on through the AUX.
3) Today fellows I often ride with (me, the badrider being one of them
) could not here any problems at first. Then as the bike warmed up , they also could not clearly hear me. The temp was around 35 C. 90 F. or more. No matter what the combination of settings on my Zumo, with music or not the transmissions were good or terrible.
4) We passed a well known GW machanic we use, and he thought the push to talk button was dirty and sprayed silicone into it. I worked for a bit then started up again.
5) After stopping for supper it cooled down a touch, around 75 F. and every thing seemed to work great.
Does anybody have any suggestions for him?
He is also asking if he sprays a can of "electrical contact cleaner into the PTT switch while he holds it down would this be recomended?
I will pass on the suggestions.