Renting a GoldWing - Honda Goldwing Forums
http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Honda Goldwing Forums > Goldwing Motorcycle Discussion Forums > Honda Goldwing Forum General Discussion

Old 05-05-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
Hardshell

Default Renting a GoldWing

Hello,
My brother and I would like to take a ride together, something we haven't done for over 40 years. I have my 2009, and although he rides, he would like to fly from Dallas to Iowa or Nebraska, rent a Wing for a couple of weeks, and continue on our journey through Wyoming, Montana and such where I used to live. (I live in NY now)
I thought that maybe some members might know of a few places we might call or at least how we could go about this.

Thanks,
Robert
Hardshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
easyrider

Robert,
Check out Eaglerider.com. I know they rent Goldwings in Dallas, but I'm not sure they will rent in the area that you would like to pick one up.
easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
Hardshell

Hi,
My brother says he checked out that place already.
They want $1100 for 7 days, plus,plus,plus.
He's thinking of renting a limo, it would be cheaper.

Robert
Old 05-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #4
AMSOILER

Sounds to me like they don't REALLY want to Rent One very bad....I Agree, at that Price I'd just get a Limo. I know Harleys usually rent from about 135.00-175.00 per day also. Not too bad for a Day Ride but for all week....Yikes!
Goldwing Owner 95 GL1500 A
AMSOILER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:44 AM   #5
budoka
Administrator

Ran into that last month when I was in the Keys. Eaglerider runs Riva South rentals. They show Wings, HD's, VTX's, Roadstars and a host of other bikes. When I enquired, all they had was Roadkings. I asked about Wings, and they told me I had to rent one of those from their Ft Lauderdale location. $180 per day +++. I rented a Car for $230 a week.
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) "BUSHI"... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
budoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #6
Hardshell

I have the feeling that I won't find much better anywhere else, but I'll do some more checking. I have a BMW 650 Twin I'd loan him, but he's not excited about driving it all the way from NY out West. I told him we would plan on going the second week of July, to make sure Cook City Pass is open, so he has some time to ask around.

Amsoiler, is it difficult to change your own oil and filter on this machine? (2009)

Thanks guys for your help.
Robert
Old 05-07-2010, 07:12 AM   #7
AMSOILER

I have an 1500 and my close friend has an 1800. Neither of us have any difficulty, just make sure you have a Shallow Oil Drain Pan as there is not a whole lot of room underneath. I put mine on the Center Stand and have no trouble at all.

This is just an Idea....for What it is Worth.....

If your Brother is a Seasoned Rider, you might put an Ad on Craigslist there locally to Rent a Wing from Someone who might not ride much or maybe even wanting to Sell their Wing, might be willing to Rent you theirs for a reasonable amount of money....every little bit helps these days. If mine were for sale I might be willing to rent it a few weeks, I realize that is not typically Normal but would be worth a try if you could come to an agreement to Protect their Interest and pay a Fair Amount for the loan....I dunno it was just a thought and hopefully ya'll find something you could live with.
Goldwing Owner 95 GL1500 A
AMSOILER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #8
Hardshell

Thanks Amsoiler, that was a good suggestion. I'll pass it along.

Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement