E3 Multi Tread - Page 2 - Honda Goldwing Forums
http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Honda Goldwing Forums > Goldwing Motorcycle Discussion Forums > Wheels and Tires

Old 08-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #11
Tatanka

Gotta say your mechanic seems awful young, but I guess he knows his stuff!

Seriously, I'm really anxious to hear/read what you think of that tire. I may have to slap one on my front wheel before my "Southern Adventure" at the end of next month. It pains me since there's still plenty of meat on it, and being the cheap bast*&$d I am (using Fossil92's "diacritics"! Ya like that Bill?) but I also don't want to slip off the Devil's Triangle ride and find out how far down I can go before hitting bottom!

Thanks, Kevin

Kevin
1995 1500 Aspencade named "Cochise"
1985 1200 Aspencade named "Tatanka"
1983 1100 named "Bobo"
IDMWT club #18

Last edited by Tatanka; 08-30-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Tatanka is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2013, 06:43 AM   #12
fossil92
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
It pains me since there's still plenty of meat on it, and being the cheap bast*&$d I am (using Fossil92's "diacritics"! Ya like that Bill?)

Thanks, Kevin

Friends don't let friends apex early.

/ 2012/2014 East Coast Sponsor
fossil92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:19 AM   #13
Fatwing Chris

I've been running E3's for years on my 1200 and then the 1500.I just got the 1800 with E3 radials on it.Can't say I really like the feel of these tires at times.They feel a bit squirrely in the wet on tar snakes and white/yellow lines.Never felt this with the Bias E3's.I don't know if these are the new multi-tread tires or not(and this is the reason I posted),but the front tire seems to have a 2" strip up the center that doesn't seem to be wearing.The sides are wearing,but the center is wearing a lot slower.Makes for an odd looking tire for sure.Probably going to the "Darkside" for the rear next,but not sure what I'm going to run on the front.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:03 AM   #14
WARWGN

Gotta love new tires!!!!! Just went for short run up the road and wow it his so much better, and quieter to than that old worn out avon. Corners like a champ now, of course any new tire will ride that way I guess but I like itn very smooth compared to the other one.

1993 GL1500 Aspencade
Wineberry Red

Yeeehaawwww!!

Dustin
WARWGN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:29 PM   #15
Axemen IL 4 Jim

I Only have an e3 on front now. Rain has been no problem nor the tar snakes. Only got to put on about a thousand since I put tires on last week.

Axemen Jim
2004 Goldwing
AMA MEMBER
GWRRA MEMBER
NRA MEMBER
AXEMEN M/C MEMBER
Axemen IL 4 Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:42 PM   #16
crownfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatwing Chris View Post
I've been running E3's for years on my 1200 and then the 1500.I just got the 1800 with E3 radials on it.Can't say I really like the feel of these tires at times.They feel a bit squirrely in the wet on tar snakes and white/yellow lines.Never felt this with the Bias E3's.I don't know if these are the new multi-tread tires or not(and this is the reason I posted),but the front tire seems to have a 2" strip up the center that doesn't seem to be wearing.The sides are wearing,but the center is wearing a lot slower.Makes for an odd looking tire for sure.Probably going to the "Darkside" for the rear next,but not sure what I'm going to run on the front.
E-3's are weird on tar snakes that's for sure. But mine do real well on the twisties. They do get noisy where they get worn though. I am on me second set and have close to 18,000 on these. My first set went 20,000. So while they are noisy I do like getting over a year on a set of tires.
crownfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #17
Fatwing Chris

I know a lot of people hate the E3's,but I really liked the bias ply ones,just not sure about these radials.I know it's two totally different bikes,these don't instill a lot of confidence when riding in the rain.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #18
rnmedic1839

Default E 250's

My E 250's only last 10500 from new I just replaced them with E 3's so I will be interested in their life
rnmedic1839 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #19
WARWGN

Little update

Front tire, Dunlop E3 13, 500 miles

Rear tire E3 multi tread 6474 miles

1993 GL1500 Aspencade
Wineberry Red

Yeeehaawwww!!

Dustin
WARWGN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #20
fossil92
Super Moderator

Good looking tires Dustin. Keep us apprised, thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Friends don't let friends apex early.

/ 2012/2014 East Coast Sponsor
fossil92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement