removeing anti dive - Honda Goldwing Forums
http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Honda Goldwing Forums > Goldwing Motorcycle Discussion Forums > Other Goldwing Modifications

Old 04-19-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
bobby2407

Default removeing anti dive

i just watched the traxxion video,and they said the best thing you can do,aside from adding a fork brace is bypassing the anti dive.it looks like it would be good for emergency brakeing (the suspension would soak up some of the force and help stop front wheel lock up.has anyone tried this and what do you think? BOB

Last edited by bobby2407; 04-19-2010 at 01:53 PM.
bobby2407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
Two Wheel Wing
Super Moderator

If you take the anti-matter out of the dilethium crystals I'm afraid the warp drive will malfunction and you will have to eject the core captain.... Oh wait, that star treck.. Never mind I just had a senior moment.
IDMWT #1
2009 GL1800 Silver Audio/Comfort

Faith is more than believing God can, it's knowing God will.

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan
Two Wheel Wing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
Thrasherg

My forks where modified by Traxxion and the anti-dive was disabled, I cannot say that I miss the anti dive at all as the traxxion setup does not collapse the suspension under breaking like the standard suspension. Several people claim the anti-dive just blows fork seals, I would probably keep it if I was running stock suspension but have to agree with Traxxion that once the suspension is setup correctly and working, you do not require the anti-dive.. I remeber in the 90's it was a fad that bikes went through and it died like many other fads!!

Gary
Thrasherg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
joe in calif

Actually you don't want to remove it, just disable it. There is guy on e-bay that is selling a kit to do it. Or you can do it yourself with a nickle. Drill a hole in a nickle just big enough for the plunger on the anti dive valve to go through and put the nickle between the two pieces of the anti dive valve and put it back together, The extra distance that the nickle creates is enough that the valve won't work.

It's a motorcycle, expect wind!!
IF YOU ARE BORN TWICE YOU WILL DIE ONCE
IF YOU ARE BORN ONCE YOU WILL DIE TWICE
joe in calif is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:51 PM   #5
joe in calif

Here is a kit on E-BAY
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GL180...Q5fAccessories

It's a motorcycle, expect wind!!
IF YOU ARE BORN TWICE YOU WILL DIE ONCE
IF YOU ARE BORN ONCE YOU WILL DIE TWICE
joe in calif is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:38 PM   #6
bobby2407

thanks joe, i just ordered the kit,i'll let you know what i think about the change in ride
bobby2407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #7
bobby2407

i love the way the bike stops with the anti dive bypassed! doesn't stop so abrupt
Old 06-12-2010, 06:57 PM   #8
Chopin
Lifetime Premium

I suppose I could read it for myself somewhere but, what is anti-dive. I know I have it, just don't know why. Enlighten me please.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:18 PM   #9
bobby2407

when you apply your front brakes the anti dive prevents the front forks from compressing.try sitting on your bike,hold the front brake & push down on the bars.it will barely move.bypassing allows your forks to move normally,also will prevent blowing out your fork seal.here is where you can get the spacer,simple to install! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GL180...Q5fAccessories
Old 06-12-2010, 08:33 PM   #10
Chopin
Lifetime Premium

Does having anti-dive mean I WILL blow a fork seal just because I have it, or could it happen during an emergency braking situation ? I like the concept of lessening the abrupt stop. Was this your reason for doing it? Unless I concentrate well, it often happens that when I stop I feel the Utopia backrest slap me in the a$$. When I ride two up I'm sure I'll be slapped with more than that.
Advertisement