2014 Gold Wing - Honda Goldwing Forums
http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Honda Goldwing Forums > Goldwing Motorcycle Discussion Forums > Honda Goldwing Forum General Discussion

Old 08-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #1
RotorWrench

Smile 2014 Gold Wing

Hi everyone, I've been researching the market and WAS planning on purchasing a new 2013 GoldWing in late October or early November. Well, the pickings are slim as far as model and color I was looking for, so I am probably going to simply wait and see what the 2014 model offers. "Hey, I've been waiting my whole life to buy a NEW bike, might as well wait just a little longer." Does anyone know when the 2014 model information will be released, also when do dealers actually start taking delivery of the 2014's. Thanks ahead for your reply's!
RotorWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2013, 05:23 AM   #2
kikker

If Honda follows the normal schedule, the new Gold Wings will be at the dealers late September or early October. I don't think anyone is expecting and major changes with the 2014 models.

My Gold Wings

Vietnam Combat Veteran-11B40
kikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:59 AM   #3
Two Wheel Wing
Super Moderator

You are going to love your new Wing, whatever year you get. Like Kikker said, don't expect any major changes in the 2014 model. Maybe a different color or two...
IDMWT #1
2009 GL1800 Silver Audio/Comfort

Faith is more than believing God can, it's knowing God will.

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan
Two Wheel Wing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
Canuck623

Last time I wandered through Ride Now in Peoria's show room they had about every color available.
Canuck623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #5
Canuck623

Sorry about the double post. Web page locked up and didn't show the post so I re did it and voila.....there they both are!!
Canuck623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #6
Zebraranger

I too am waiting. I have an 86 Aspencade SEI in great condition and I love it. I recently went into the local Honda dealer and test rode the F6B and kinda fell in love with the thing. The only colors available this first year is red and black, Just not my colors. If they offer one in pearl white for 2014, I don't know what I'll do, I know I wont get rid of my 86 Aspy though.
Zebraranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #7
budoka
Administrator

No release dates for the '14 model yet, and no info as to updates or options changes. I'd expect nothing other than colours and maybe some electronic updates (minor) at best. If I was a betting man I'd say something in the wings (no pun intended) for 2015 though, 40 year anniversary and all.
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) "BUSHI"... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
budoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #8
youngguy

Thumbs up

I think it is a better economic deal picking up a Wing that is well maintained and farkled. Cheaper and a better value. Just driving a new one off the dealer lots drops $$$ in a few days.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #9
suvcw04

Aren't the 2014's the first Wings to be made in Japan?
suvcw04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #10
old guys rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngguy View Post
I think it is a better economic deal picking up a Wing that is well maintained and farkled. Cheaper and a better value. Just driving a new one off the dealer lots drops $$$ in a few days.
That's only true if you plan on selling it within a short period of time. If you want to talk economics, no one manufactures used bikes and if we all bought used...well, I think you can see the bigger picture of where I'm heading with this. If one can afford to buy new I wouldn't discourage anyone as its what keeps the manufacturing industry alive. Someone has to make and sell new bikes, and someone has to buy them to keep guys such as yourself suppled. The economics of only buying used is short sighted.
old guys rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement