Average cost for installing tires - Honda Goldwing Forums
http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Honda Goldwing Forums > Goldwing Motorcycle Discussion Forums > Wheels and Tires

Old 03-23-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
lunger

Default Average cost for installing tires

I'm going to replace both tires on my 95 aspencade for the first time. I was thinking of buying E3's off the internet ($300) and having a dealer install. I can remember from my 1200 that it is not cheep. I know there is a good bit of labor time involved.Can you give me an average price or hours required for front and rear tire install.Thanks
lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2010, 08:00 PM   #2
detdrbuzzard
Super Moderator

i had the dealer install a dunlop 404 on my 1200 wing, cost about $100 for the rear. when i got the e3's i had an independent shop do the install, $140 front and rear
'84 gl1200 aspencade
'93gl1500se,
'85 cb450sc
'05 sunL 70

~ william ~
IDMWt #13
gwrra
ama
iba 58509
hat
detdrbuzzard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:41 PM   #3
whacker

lunger, most places have both on bike and off bike pricing for tires, call and ask. When I had tires put on, my bike was already in for some warranty service, bought E3 tires from the dealer and had them installed while the bike was on the lift. Total cost was $532
whacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:29 PM   #4
CVHoss

I just had my local Honda dealer mount a set of E3s on my 1200. Bought the tires from them and total cost (including tires) to remove wheels from bike, mount, balance and new valve stems was $412.63.

Hoss
CVHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
lunger

Thanks for the replies. the last time I had tires put on my 1200. I also had some other work done so I can't remember (thats happening more and more) exactly how much I paid. But I was thinking the installation cost more than the tires. About $800 for Bridgestones and the install. I also believe they would not quote me a price and charged by the hour. Maybe I'll shop around a little. thanks again
lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:16 AM   #6
Finklea

Default RE:Average cost for installing tires

Hi ! for every one well I would say what you paid is about average. A tire rotation is about $50 or so give or take ten dollars, a battery could run as high as $90 or more depending on where you purchased it and the window is the high dollar item here and could be as high as $200. Then the labor to perform the tasks, so $450 is actually probably a good deal. You just go near garage and do barging about charges to fit both tire. I think you like me idea
Finklea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:51 AM   #7
Two Wheel Wing
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finklea View Post
Hi ! for every one well I would say what you paid is about average. A tire rotation is about $50 or so give or take ten dollars, a battery could run as high as $90 or more depending on where you purchased it and the window is the high dollar item here and could be as high as $200. Then the labor to perform the tasks, so $450 is actually probably a good deal. You just go near garage and do barging about charges to fit both tire. I think you like me idea
Well, I must admit I'm somewhat confused by this post. I've never had the tires rotated on my Wing nor have I had to have work done on the window. That said, however, Welcome to the forum Finklea from the Keystone state.
IDMWT #1
2009 GL1800 Silver Audio/Comfort

Faith is more than believing God can, it's knowing God will.

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan
Two Wheel Wing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:58 AM   #8
AMSOILER

There is NO ROTATION on a Goldwing, the tires are Different Sizes...May God Help the Uninformed....
Goldwing Owner 95 GL1500 A
AMSOILER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:01 AM   #9
Two Wheel Wing
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSOILER View Post
There is NO ROTATION on a Goldwing, the tires are Different Sizes...May God Help the Uninformed....
AMEN..........
IDMWT #1
2009 GL1800 Silver Audio/Comfort

Faith is more than believing God can, it's knowing God will.

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan
Two Wheel Wing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:02 AM   #10
AMSOILER

I believe I paid 75.00 for Rear Tire replacement and Balance and 25.00 for Front Tire Replacement and Balance here in Texas. I paid 150.00 each for Dunlop Elite 3's. I have seen them on the web for 125.00 w/ free shipping but decided to Support my local Tire Installer and also, should I have a Failure under Warranty, I could simply go back to the local guy and get it adjusted. Another reason I considered the local guy was I can make sure of the DOM (Date of Manufacture) on the tire itself, be careful as sometimes the online folks will send you a tire that has been on the shelf over a year, so paying a little more for someone local could be well worth it. Just my Opinion....
Goldwing Owner 95 GL1500 A

Last edited by AMSOILER; 05-01-2010 at 09:06 AM.
AMSOILER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement