MULTI TREAD Elite 3 Radial - Honda Goldwing Forums
http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Honda Goldwing Forums > Goldwing Motorcycle Discussion Forums > Wheels and Tires

Old 06-13-2013, 06:47 AM   #1
DataRider

Cool MULTI TREAD Elite 3 Radial

ONLY!!!! Looking to find out if anyone has an experience with MULTI TREAD Elite 3 Radial. Not any other tire (tried them all) just want feedback from anyone using the Multi Tread. Don’t want to confuse anyone here…this is strictly about MULTI TREAD. I see the ads for them but not many suppliers seem to have them yet. Maybe getting rid of older regular stock? Personally I can't stand the fact that my Hundered Dollar buddy's way out distance me on the Wings when it comes to tire distance. We get slaughtered by the American Elites...
DataRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #2
fossil92
Super Moderator

Have not seen them yet, Do you have a picture of them?

Friends don't let friends apex early.

/ 2012/2014 East Coast Sponsor
fossil92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #3
BEVMAN

I just had a new set of Elite 3 with Multi tread installed on my bike on Tuesday of this week by the local Honda shop. It is only the rear tire that is "Multi tread" the front is the standard E-3. The dealer had both standard E-3's and Multi Tread E-3's, I specified that I wanted the Multi Tread rear tire.
Time will tell if they last longer than the standard E-3.

I also had a set of Centramatic wheel balancers installed at the same time.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:06 AM   #4
golddragon1329

It will be interesting to see what you all think about this tire and I do have my multi tread tire that I love. May be over time they will make it just a little bigger and still multi tread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	298.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	28129  
Darksider #1247Michelin Alpin PA3 195/55/R16
AMA 2006 Titanium GL1800 w/ COMF, NAV
September 2014 can't wait
golddragon1329 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:56 AM   #5
DataRider

According to Dunlop:
These radial touring tires deliver many miles of enjoyment for most big radial-shod touring motorcycles. High wear resistance with even-wear characteristics and great traction. The E3 tread pattern helps provide class-leading wet-pavement performance. The E3 sport-derived profile helps provide a lively response in turn transitions and a solid feel through turns for confident cornering.
Now available in a radial construction for Honda GL1800 Gold Wings, Dunlop’s MT Multi-Tread™ rear tire incorporates a long-wearing compound in the center of the tire tread and a lateral-grip compound on each shoulder.
http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tire...uring/elite-3/

It looks to me that this would be the MT front tire http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tire...uring/elite-3/
Old 06-13-2013, 08:59 AM   #6
DataRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEVMAN View Post
I just had a new set of Elite 3 with Multi tread installed on my bike on Tuesday of this week by the local Honda shop. It is only the rear tire that is "Multi tread" the front is the standard E-3. The dealer had both standard E-3's and Multi Tread E-3's, I specified that I wanted the Multi Tread rear tire.
Time will tell if they last longer than the standard E-3.

I also had a set of Centramatic wheel balancers installed at the same time.
Looking forward to hearing how it works for you. The Centramatics work great for me. These new MT for the Wings appear to be relabled American Elite's and I know my HD buds are getting great results and riding enjoyment from them.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #7
WARWGN

Have you tried the battle axe by.......just kidding!! All I know is what is posted about them

Quote:
•Thanks to the added advantage of Dunlop's MT Multi-Tread™ technology, Honda Gold Wing
riders can now reap the benefits of Dunlop's innovative multi-compound technology in the
Elite® 3. A first for Gold Wing riders from Dunlop, the new Elite 3 multi-compound tires are
available in radial construction. These MT Multi-Tread rear tires incorporate a long-wearing compound in the center of the tire tread and a lateral-grip compound on each shoulder. Now GoldWing riders can enjoy both mileage and grip.
Size: Speed Rating: Load Rating:
180/60R16 H (130 mph) 80 (992 lbs)
can get it for $204 shipped from RMATVMC, but looks like it is not made in the right size for my 1500...wonder if a 180 is really that much different than a 160, maybe I should get a little taller shock and it will make enough room??
WARWGN is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement