Originally Posted by stinky
I'm a new member to Goldwing fourm and I just purchased a 2004 goldwing. I have a couple questions if you can help.
1. How do you get the goldwing to go into reverse?
2. Where is the oil dip stick and battery?
3. While riding at 60mph, two round circles appear i the dash, what does that mean?
1) With engine running, place transmission in neutral. push in the RVS switch. you should see a "R" indicator illuminate in the dash. push the starter switch,,,,,,,away you go. Release the Starter switch to stop. Push in on the RVS Switch and observe the R indicator extinguishes. you are now ready to use the transmission or park,,whatever.
2) The Oil Dipstick is behind the Big Chrome Cover beside the right side foot peg.
The Battery is behind the left (painted) Sidecover and Saddlebag scuff protector. The covers are retained with rubber groments. Be careful with the Chrome engine covers, as they have a blade style fastener on the front and the cover has to angle out at the rear, then slid back.
3) I suspect that 60 mph is erroneous. I think what you are actually seeing is the letters "OD". Which stands for overdrive. 5th Gear.
Congrats on the Wing...AWESOME Bike. Stay Safe.