Trunk light wiring. - Honda Goldwing Forums
http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   Honda Goldwing Forums > Goldwing Motorcycle Discussion Forums > Honda Goldwing Forum General Discussion

Old 01-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
rah93wing

Default Trunk light wiring.

Hi. During the process of cleaning up a 93 Aspencade I recently purchased I noticed some poor wiring of lights on top the rear fender for the four parraleogram shaped lights mounted on the wrap around chrome trunk protection bars mounted on the sides and rear of the trunk. Two wires run inside the chrome bars (on each side) to the four lights so the wires on the left are for the 2 lefts lights and the two wires on the right are for the 2 right parellogram shaped lights. It does not appear that either wire is hooked to a ground. One wire on each side is brown with a white stripe and the other on each side is a green wire with a yellow stripe. Do these lights also work as brake lights. I have the battery out for storage and the trunk off the bike and its way below zero up here in the frozen tundra so I thought I would ask before I bother hooking wires back up to test.
Thanks
Ron
rah93wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #2
Cantankerous
Super Moderator

The Brown/White is the hot lead and the Green/Yellow is the ground. That is the Honda standard.

Previous rides.
1993 GL1500 SE
1984 GL1200 Aspencade (X2)
1981 CM400T
1976 KE125

IDMWT #23

Member #3480

Homo praesumitur bonus donec probetur malus

Cantankerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
budoka
Administrator

Yer just too quick 'tank! Darn day job anyway
current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) "BUSHI"... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
budoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #4
rah93wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous View Post
The Brown/White is the hot lead and the Green/Yellow is the ground. That is the Honda standard.
Thanks. That answers my question.
Rah
Old 01-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #5
rah93wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by budoka View Post
Yer just too quick 'tank! Darn day job anyway
I'm sure I'll have more questions. I'll post the next one in the evening so you have a sporting chance.
Rah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement