Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BikeMP3 frustration

7K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Dwarven1 
#1 ·
I installed the BikeMP3 on my 2007 Audio. I am trying to load SD card(s) from my Windows media library. I started with a brand new 8GIG card, synced several albums to it, inserted it into the BikeMP3 and the player can not find the music. The card will play back on my computer. Same result with a 4GIG card and a 2GIG card. I have two old 256MB cards from digital cameras, I can sync to them and they will play on the BikeMP3 player. So-o-o-o I have two 256 cards with some tunes that work for now.

Anyone have an idea why the 256MB cards will work, but the larger capacity cards won't?

#3 ·
Hi Barnstormer:
You didn't say if your unit was new or used. I checked their website (http://www.bikemp3.com/GL1800-Digital-Music-Player-V3-HGW-IPD-V03.htm) and it looks like they had issues with some of their older units.

According to the website, the unit accepts SD cards up to 8GB. Folders must be numbered (1, 2, etc.) and contain up to 99 songs in each folder. The number of folders on the SD card will depend on the model of your bike.

I would check the formatting on the 256 MB cards vs. the larger capacity cards. Perhaps try reformatting one of the larger cards and putting only a couple of folders on it with your music (identical to the 256 MB cards).

If the larger cards still won't work, your unit may require a firmware upgrade to recognize the larger capacity cards. At any rate, it would be a good idea to contact the manufacturer regarding your problem. They will likely have a quick fix for you.

#4 ·
Well, I have "sort of" solved my situation. I have figured out a couple things: 1)If you use a 4GIG or larger SD card Windows Media wants to do an automatic sync when you click on sync, and I just could not figure out how to switch it to manual sync. 2)On any SD card you have to click on the sync down arrow, click on "more options", click on your device, and uncheck "create folder heirarchy on device". This has to be done because the BikeMP3 player will not read folders, only CD tracks.

I am using 2GIG SD cards, syncing about 140 tracks onto a card.The Gold Wing CD changer system will only go up to 99 tracks. On mine after it hits 99, it then goes to a second track 1, will go up to about 41 then rotate back to the "first" track 1, all the time showing CD1.

Summary:
I did not purchase the "song populating" software, had trouble trying to download it.

I am using 2GIG cards, can load about 140 tracks on a card, not using full capacity. That is still a lot of music.

Cards must be set up to not "create folder heirarchy".

Reproduction (sound) is great and cost is much less than OEM 6 disc changer.

Oh,yeh---I have a couple old 256 MB cards from early digital cameras, will load some speciaty music on them, like Christmas or patriotic music. Don't ride much in Indiana around Christmas time, but you never know.

Mel

#5 ·
Music Player Software Download Alternate Site

Software can be downloaded from the alternate site maintained by the software developer/creator at http://k7tty.com/motorcycle/download/index.htm. This is also where you can get the latest version. You will still need the passkey from Wingstuff to unlock the trial version mode. The trial version mode allows you to try out the software before purchasing it to see if it meets your needs.

#6 ·
I know this is an old post, but I have a few items that I have purchased from BikeMP3 company (Florida). I tried to contact them just a few minutes ago and their phone number and their website is no more. I guess they are out of business???
Anybody knows for sure?

#11 ·
Heard from WingStuff that Pete Elvin apparently has gone out of business! Their phones are disconnected as well as removing everything from his website. Pete was secretive with who was supplying his products. The other brands out there have bad issues like the J&M player always had. Pete had the only player that actually worked correctly. He just vanished. As a result WingStuff has removed all BikeMP3 products from their website

Too bad, Pete had a lot of other products that allowed FRS, GMRS and Ham Radio products to play through the CB radio interface.

#14 ·
Figures. I'd *just* found his stuff and was going to start looking to see what he had for interfacing a ham rig with my GL1800.

#12 ·
I had one of those for years and they are a hell of a lot better than the CD player. On mine I set up 6 folders labeled CD1 - CD6. In each folder i Loaded 99 songs. I believe they could be either wma or mp3 format. Never did figure out the play order. In order to switch between folders hold down the switch on the left handgirp that you use to change songs. Hold it up or down for one or two second to change folders. If you have the newer model then it will automatically go to the next folder after playing song 99. If you have the older model then it will just loop back to the first sing in the current folder.

#13 ·
mp3 player

I'm not sure about your mp3 player but with my car radio, Kenwood, it will not recognize a song with the mp3 format on my sd card. There are a number of other formats out there. There are free-ware conversion software programs that will convert mp3 formats to others such as acc, mpeg4. You can also convert them in I-tunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.