Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

m/c gel pad vs walmart gel pad

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  detdrbuzzard 
#1 ·
last night i took off for walmart to get a couple gel pads, had to make the 40 mile ride to bellville, mi to get them but it ride was ok with the high humidity it felt pretty good. i had seen the gel pads at the bellville walmart before but i was being to cheep at the time to get them. i went out this morning and took the m/c gelpad off and put it in the trunk and put the walmart gelpad on. just looking at it it is wider, cause its made for a car seat and thinner. i took schafer south to ford rd. ( m-153 ) and m-153 west to hines drive. usually i would have ridden hines drive a dozen times by now but this is only my third time in the park this year, it a nice senic ride. hines drive ends in northville, mi and i made a right turn on 7 mile rd going east and took it to I-275 south, back to I-96 east and to schafer going south back home. so i have a mix of riding. i found the walmart gelpad to be comfortable but needs to be trimmed to fit the seat better and i like the height of the m/c gelpad better

#3 ·
I have double padded the WalMart seat and cut a U shape section out of the pads in vipper end/front of the seat, so it lay flatter over the rise of the front of the seat. Right now I'm using my Air Hawk, but switch them out once in a while to get a little different fit.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

#6 ·
I bought two walmart gel pads and it does make the stock seat more comfortable, but I think the added height has more to do with it for me. I may pick up another tonight and try three, as I have no problem flat footing with two. They are taking away that crotch rocket feel on my legs.

This is just a temporary fix till this winter when I will probably order a daylong saddle. Those have been the best seats for me in the past.

#7 ·
gel pads

I put one of the swoosh gel pads under the WM gel pad and it works great for me. Just came off of a 1500 mile weekend ride and it did great. The thing I like is putting me a little higher. I lets me stretch my legs out on my pegs which saves my back. Warning, don't forget to turn the pads over when you get off for a while...they do get hot, especially in this 102 degree TX heat.

#8 ·
i took the same ride this morning that i took yesterday, only difference was i put both walmart gelpads in one container. it was very coushie and for taller riders it gets the bend out of those knees even more than my m/c gelpad. but looking at the walmart gelpad gave me an idea and i'll tell ya what i did later

#10 ·
last night it was warm and the humidity made it feel even warmer so after getting of the forum i decided that i would take a ride. it had been raining most of the day amd my bike cover isn't exactly water proof and some rain made its way onto my new walmart gelpad. after letting as much water as i could drain from it i still had a wet seat so i took my m/c gelpad and put it on top of the walmart gelpad and it was 25 miles of comfort. the m/c gelpad is one solid piece and i was thinking of cutting the " H " pattern in it so it would move like the walmart gelpad does but now i think i'll trim the walmart gelpad to fit my seat better and use the scraps in the m/c gelpad

#11 ·
Remember I left mine on the seat during the raining night at the Tally-Ho Motel in West Virginia and had to throw it in the trunk and ride bareback the rest of the trip. I'm thinking of trimming my gels also. If I remove the front left and right portions that hang over the nose of the seat so it lays flat I might have an easier time mounting and dismounting without disturbing its position. But let's think twice and cut once.

#12 ·
Oh you guys & your gel pads.:)

I was trying to get one adjusted on the Nighthawk that same morning & was thinking of trimming........

Oh wait a minute! I don't have one. Hmmmmm.;)

#15 ·
i forgot there was a walmart at 7 / middlebelt. but it was a nice night for a ride ride to bellville

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.