Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Local ride

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Eric 
#1 ·
A local ride tomorrow with my mate Colin.
The oil has been checked, tires checked, bike cleaned and polished. It is the first run with my freshly painted radiator surrounds. The bike is looking the best since I have owned it. There is one scratch on the saddle lid which I will repaint very soon.
Man is that bike looking good. Just wait for the photos. :photos:

#8 ·
Ron I had realised that I had become a bit slack with my ride reports over here. One of the reasons was that I have at some time in the past done a ride report there. But there are now new members that may not have seen the photos of my back yard.
You guys do have some great roads and things to see where we just run out of word to describe what we were seeing. And you would almost feel sorry for Vanessa's neck.
Anyway it is time to ride.

#6 ·
Eric, We goof around a lot and I enjoy it thoroughly! But, I must say that you have one of the nicest GL1200 Classic Goldwings I've ever seen!:icon_cool:

#7 ·
:photos: Ride safe, and maybe a photo or two if you have time.

#9 ·
Ride Eric, ride! I know how you feel. Before I retired, I was limited to a 100-150 mile radius of my home for day rides and have probably ridden every road within that area a few hundred times , but I was riding and enjoyed it all. The only time I was able to see the 'great roads of America' was when I had a 2 week + vacation before retirement and my rides since I retired in 2010 and I ride as often as possible to try to see it all before my biological clock shuts me down. Fortunately, I've got to ride and see most of the better known motorcycle roads in the USA and a few in Canada but have a bucket list a mile long. So, keep on keeping on. George

#10 ·
So far you are just teasing me. I'm waiting for some pictures........Enjoy you ride!

#12 ·
I had a little errand to do before we left for our ride. My youngest daughter needed to be dropped off in the city. And so we got a late start.
It was a top day with the temp at about 24c. There was a bit of wind about and coming from the northwest at about 20 mph. We are in our spring and the paddocks were full of colour, with the wheel a bright green and the canola a bright yellow. The first 30 miles were flat but then we started to get some rolling hills.
The first stop was at Taree at about the 60 mile point. Taree is a small old town.
1/I love the service station.
2/The repair shop.
3/The main street.
4/The best 1200 wing in South Australia

Attachments

#13 ·
There was only 50 miles left to get to Clare. As we went through Clare we stopped at the bakery to get some tucker to eat at the local park.
I didn't know that this Sunday was the Sunday that the miniature railway was operating. So we strolled over for a look. And one of the volunteers was someone that I had worked with some years ago. He has retired in Clare. Roger introduced me around and told the guys that I was a real train driver.
Well it wasn't long and they had me driving a miniature train. It was good fun.
1/A motorcycle train driver.
2/Gee that's a good looking 1200.
Note the GWOF sticker proudly on the screen.

Attachments

#14 ·
On the way home we stopped at Kapunda. Kapunda was one of the first mining towns in South Australia. To celebrate the mining history there is a large statue of a miner.
We had a bit of a break here before finishing the ride home. It was a great day riding. With two mates on two very different bikes but sharing the day riding. How can it get much better.

Attachments

#16 ·
Eric, thanks for the pictures Mate. I sure enjoy seeing different areas. Glad you had a good time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.