Best/Most Comfortable Highway Pegs [Archive] - Honda Goldwing Forums

: Best/Most Comfortable Highway Pegs

PilotRon
08-29-2010, 08:51 AM
I have had my bike, (08 GL1800) a few days and put on some miles. I am now ready to add Highway Pegs so I can stretch out a bit as I ride. The problem is that there are so many to choose from. I am 6'1" and need pegs for my height. Any and all suggestions on brand and type would be appreciated. Thanks!

joe in calif
08-29-2010, 08:55 AM
I have the Kuyrakyn highway pegs but I have a 30" inseam, most people with long legs like
http://www.ridingiswonderful.com/

stymie24
08-29-2010, 10:04 AM
I have a pair for sale,they are offset dually ISO pegs with 1 inch quick clamp,I got them with the bike.I don't use pegs.If you want to see what they look like goto Dennis Kirk and put in Kuryakn #7976 foot pegs.$75 is what I want for them you pay shipping. They have some scratches on them but minor,from previous owner.Give me a call if interested.920-763-3539

Chopin
08-29-2010, 03:47 PM
The ones pictured here are certainly the most " popular ". The trouble is they come with a 6 in. arm and most riders 6' and over find them more comfortable to stretch out with the 4.5 in. Do they offer a choice when ordering ? A resounding NO !! You will get the 6 in. arm regardless, and the 4.5 in. arm will cost you another $45.00. The sad part is there is not resale of the 6 in. arm because everyone has one. Here is the web site to those pictured:http://wingstuff.com/cat_gl1800.php Part # KU4056.

MarkH
08-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Pilotron...I have the Kury ones Choppin mentions...I am about 5'6" and the 6" arms work great for me...I love them...Only thing I wish they would change is to have replaceable rubber ends....when I corner I once in a while touch the pavement with the pegs (can't raise them it becomes uncomfortable)...but then on the other hand my floor boards touch the payment when I corner...wonder if my legs touch...I don't feel them...:eek:

Good Luck...Safe Ride

Two Wheel Wing
08-29-2010, 06:47 PM
The ones pictured here are certainly the most " popular ". The trouble is they come with a 6 in. arm and most riders 6' and over find them more comfortable to stretch out with the 4.5 in. Do they offer a choice when ordering ? A resounding NO !! You will get the 6 in. arm regardless, and the 4.5 in. arm will cost you another $45.00. The sad part is there is not resale of the 6 in. arm because everyone has one. Here is the web site to those pictured:http://wingstuff.com/cat_gl1800.php Part # KU4056.

Thats what I have and I like them. But I'm 5'9" with a 29" inseam on a good day..

Chopin
08-29-2010, 09:31 PM
I have the Kuryakyn Highwayboards. With the 6 in. stock arm I'm only utilizing the top half of the pad. Sometimes I just rest my heel on the forward leading edge. I like the large rest area and someday I'll spring for the 4.5 in. arms. They could have designed them so the arm itself is an option. If the board could be bolted directly to the clamp there would be no issue. By the way, my birthday is August 1st..........

Hotrods1932
08-29-2010, 09:53 PM
I just finished a 1800 mile ride and one of the worst things that happened while I was riding east on I-70 with a 35-40 mile a hour wind from the south was that I did not know that I had LOST the top of my foot pad on the ergo floorboard #4059, MY FAULT, I used medium thread lock instead of maxium threat lock, I guess moving my foot around It came loose and is some where in western Kansas. Tommorrow, I will be calling to see if a replacement is aviable. Other than that, I really do like them and I am 6 foot.

billcarr_
08-29-2010, 10:24 PM
I have kuryauken, they work well, no added lenght. I have a 31 inseam.

remphoto
08-29-2010, 10:52 PM

Just wondering, are the new Kurky Ergo2's the same as the original Ergo's but with the short arms? If so our wishes have been fulfilled.

Chopin
08-30-2010, 06:56 AM
Just wondering, are the new Kurky Ergo2's the same as the original Ergo's but with the short arms? If so our wishes have been fulfilled.

Might we be looking at these ?

cloud09
08-30-2010, 07:49 AM
http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/18_Kuryakyn/27624_GL1800_Kuryakyn_Ergo_II_Highway_Peg_For_Tall er/

I have the KU4073s, after much debate & pondering over which ones to buy. I'm 6'4, have not had them long but easy fit and a great option for me on the highway, I find that i only use them every so often while riding as normal pegs & highway pegs give best of both worlds for me! Had no problem with them touching road service as yet but im sure if you tried hard enough its do-able....good luck with your choice mate.