Hello, Wanting to buy a 2013 F6B non deluxe! Need some coaching! - Honda Goldwing Forums
 3Likes

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Hello, Wanting to buy a 2013 F6B non deluxe! Need some coaching!

Hello All,

Took a leave of absence as I got frustrated with my 2006 gl 1800 and sold it a little over a year ago.The heated seat going out was the last straw! So been back on a Vulcan 900 classic LT for about a year and wanting a big boy bike again! So I am now looking to by a 2013 f6b non deluxe, yes I am going to live without the cruise...ugh...but looking at a pretty good deal. so....this is why i sold last goldwing my 2006 with 35k on it: 1) Terrible suspension, felt every bump, did not want to invest the 4k in traxion upgrade. 2) yes i was cursed with the famous goldwing front decel wobble,did not want to get fork brace, triple tree, what ever. 3) unbearably hot, you may have remembered my post about those dang chrome shark fins i was nervous to take off for fear of paint damage so left on and the heat cooked my left shin and fried my wife's entire left leg. rode the Vulcan all last summer with no heat issues at all.

Now what do I miss, The power! I never ran out of throttle with the wing. I test drove a BMW 1200rt yesterday and got off and was like,,,,ok,,,,wheres the beef?? I know the beamer 1600 can take the goldwing but ...i think the wing would give the 1200 a good run. 2) I loved the seating position on Goldy, and that is one of my main questions for anyone that has went from the gl 1800 to an f6b....how do you like the seat? If it is not as confortable, is it close? I could drive for 500 straight on the wing, butt burn no matter what seat i try on cruiser. I have never test drove F6b so really nervous to buy without riding but i am in an EBay situation here. 3) Love the radio! I have speakers on the vulcan that were put on, but wow do I miss the radio on the wing/f6b, and think those are the same, of course minus 2 speakers.

So I have missed you guys, you helped me alot on my last wing and look forward on coming back! Let me know all thoughts on above. thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 06:58 PM

Garage
Welcome back Keller. As you know, plenty of help is right around the corner. We have several F6B riders on the forum, but I am not too sure if some of them also have experience on the wing and comfort is a pretty personal choice. Let's hope for the best.

Bob
2012 ABS "Red Ghost"
IDMWT 65
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NREMTP View Post
Welcome back Keller. As you know, plenty of help is right around the corner. We have several F6B riders on the forum, but I am not too sure if some of them also have experience on the wing and comfort is a pretty personal choice. Let's hope for the best.
thanks and nice emoji in your signature! lol, looks like a pretty stout beer he is chugging!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Garage
Keller, yes, welcome back. My seat time on the F6B is limited, but the driver's seat is more than acceptable, if a tad wider due to it's "cruiser" leanings. The power is even better than the full dresser version by virtue of the 70# less weight of the bike. Unfortunately I doubt that the head shake is gone but I haven't had enough time on one to know for sure, that's a Goldwing trait and even Honda doesn't have a cure for it as yet. On the plus side, the Bridgestone tires are far superior to the Dunflops. The front fork is unchanged so the transmission of road irregularities will still be there too, although the 2012 and newer are smoother than my '09. As you are in the US market, ABS is not on the plate for those early US models and you already said you don't need the cruise option, a throttle lock will suffice if you need one. I'd opt for a different windscreen and possibly a backrest for the passenger if you plan on any two up riding, other than that you're good to go.

GEEZER IN TRAINING AND LOOKING FORWARD TO IT
[/COLOR]current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
Daryl
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 10:56 AM
Lifetime Premium

Welcome back.
You're dreams were your
ticket out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee, for now.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by budoka View Post
Keller, yes, welcome back. My seat time on the F6B is limited, but the driver's seat is more than acceptable, if a tad wider due to it's "cruiser" leanings. The power is even better than the full dresser version by virtue of the 70# less weight of the bike. Unfortunately I doubt that the head shake is gone but I haven't had enough time on one to know for sure, that's a Goldwing trait and even Honda doesn't have a cure for it as yet. On the plus side, the Bridgestone tires are far superior to the Dunflops. The front fork is unchanged so the transmission of road irregularities will still be there too, although the 2012 and newer are smoother than my '09. As you are in the US market, ABS is not on the plate for those early US models and you already said you don't need the cruise option, a throttle lock will suffice if you need one. I'd opt for a different windscreen and possibly a backrest for the passenger if you plan on any two up riding, other than that you're good to go.

Good stuff, thanks
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopin View Post
Welcome back.
You're dreams were your
ticket out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Mr Kottair
Chopin likes this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Hello and welcome back to the forum.

IDMHT#1
I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trike lady View Post
Hello and welcome back to the forum.
thank you!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

wow!!! I road an f6b deluxe yesterday and I am completely and utterly in love! I have really been test driving, BMWS gtl 1600, k1200...indian roadmasters (maybe this would be it if felt like laying out 30k and my butt could handle a cruiser) BUT wow, that f6b fits me perfect....I only got to drive about 7 miles only about 2 miles on secondary highway, so not sure how if feels over 80, but man, even with a short windshield at 60 i loved it. Now the one i am buying has the Bagger reverse shield deal with the smoke at the bottom. I am totally pumped up. That bike is nothing at all like the goldwing gl 1800. At least not the one I rode. I do feel like i felt some bumps in handle bars but no decel wobble at all, none, now the bike i tested only had 5100 miles on it. The guy was great in Rockingham NC. Great dealership and love they let you ride before you buy...even the new ones. I tested on the black but getting the black and red, but wow, that black looked ssssssssssoopooo good! I am still in awe, all speeds were awesome, it glided...slow speeds....not a problem and love the new center of gravity, i was throwing it around like my vulcan 900. Just unreal. I am finishing financing tomorrow and having it shipped...at 10700 Out the door to my door from FL. with 2k miles on the odometer with upgraded shield, pass backrest, highway pegs, and the nice big luggage rack....I think i did pretty good. Previous owner said he was afraid to drive it due to top heavy???? oh well, he traded it in on a harley and his loss MY GAIN!! thanks for your comments, and thanks for welcome back....I am not sure I will be working much once it gets here.
Chopin and Terryj like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode