New product from Honda! - Honda Goldwing Forums
 1Likes

post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up New product from Honda!

Hello everyone!

Yes, I know that this is the Goldwing forum, but I just had to let you know about this!

In my years here at Honda East, I have learned that many Goldwing owners have a second motorcycle that they ride. Enter the 2009 Honda DN-01! This is the perfect bike when you want a smaller, yet extremely comfortable bike to zip around town! It has a low, 27.2" seat height. The transmission is fully automatic! No clutch, which is great for in-town use. If you're feeling sporty, you do have the option to flip it into "shift mode" where you can button shift your way through 6 forward speeds. It sports a 680cc V-Twin that's fuel injected and liquid cooled. It also features ABS and combined braking system. It weighs only 595 pounds, but with it's low center of gravity, many people think that it seems lighter that that. This bike is referred to as a "crossover vehicle", I think it just plain cool!

You have to see this bike in person to truely appreciate it. Fortunatly, we have one left in stock, and it's on sale! MSRP for this magnificent machine is $15,599.00, but for a limited time you can buy it for only $11,499.00! Thats a $4100.00 savings!! (As always, NO freight, prep or assembly charges)

Give me a call or stop in and check it out! Owning one may just make you the envy of all your friends! Thanks for looking!!!

Paulie ext 2

http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com/
http://www.hondaeastsuperstore.com/
Honda East Toledo
1230 Conant St.
Maumee, Ohio 43537
(419) 891-1230
(877)-437-1631
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 06:18 PM

... HOWDY ... WOW ... THAT MACHINE LOOKS LIKE IT DOING OVER 100mph JUST SITTING THERE ... I WILL VOLINTEER MYSELF TO TEST RIDE IT FOR A COUPLE YEARS AND WILL WRITE YOU A FULL REPORT ... HELL - I'LL EVEN SPRING FOR THE GAS lol ... VERY NICE RIDE ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

... MEMBER NAVAL SPECIAL WARFARE FOUNDATION ...
... VIET NAM VETERANS OF AMERICA ...
... HONOR AND REMEMBER. ORG. ...
... ST. JUDES CHILDERNS HOSPITAL ...

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 08:37 AM

Garage
Honda should of put a bigger motor in it, 680 CC's isn't going to cut it I don't think, Look at what happened with the PC 800, good idea just to small a motor.

It's a motorcycle, expect wind!!
IF YOU ARE BORN TWICE YOU WILL DIE ONCE
IF YOU ARE BORN ONCE YOU WILL DIE TWICE

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

i'm waiting for the cb1100

'75cb750k '05sunL 70
'79cb750f '93 gl1500 se
'79 super K '85 cb450 sc
'99 st 1100
'06 mighty ST1300a

~ william ~
IDMWt #13
gwrra
ama
GWOF iba with timS #03
iba 58509
mile eater
hat
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 07:52 AM

As a Goldwing Owner, I would Never Consider a Crotch Rocket to ride in town....Insulting actually. Who would want to go from Sitting Up to Laying Down? It just Looks like a Crotch Rocket to Me....Mother Honda how about a Scaled Down WING? Now that might be something a Goldwing Owner might consider for Local Riding. Many of the Automotive Manufacturers do that, they offer both a Small and Large Version of some of the SUV's....I think HONDA might find that as a HIT.

PGR Member
Texas Honor Ride Member
GWRRA TX Member
Goldwing Owner 95 GL1500 A
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

i sat on one at the bike show last year, it's no crotch rocket by the seating position. my feet were too far foward and arms too far back. very uncomfortable. with some bar risers some crotch rockets are not bad

'75cb750k '05sunL 70
'79cb750f '93 gl1500 se
'79 super K '85 cb450 sc
'99 st 1100
'06 mighty ST1300a

~ william ~
IDMWt #13
gwrra
ama
GWOF iba with timS #03
iba 58509
mile eater
hat
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 05:18 PM

Two wheel Batmobile!!!!

Don't worry about the mule going blind just load the wagon.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSOILER View Post
As a Goldwing Owner, I would Never Consider a Crotch Rocket to ride in town....Insulting actually. Who would want to go from Sitting Up to Laying Down? It just Looks like a Crotch Rocket to Me....Mother Honda how about a Scaled Down WING? Now that might be something a Goldwing Owner might consider for Local Riding. Many of the Automotive Manufacturers do that, they offer both a Small and Large Version of some of the SUV's....I think HONDA might find that as a HIT.
Honda used to have a scaled down wing, it was the Silver Wing, a 500cc water cooled shaft driven machine. Was great for around town and would even do 2up on the highway!

2004 GL1800 Bloodstone Red Metallic
1988 GL1500/6 Martini Beige Metallic (Sold)

IDMWT #23
Member #3480

Homo praesumitur bonus donec probetur malus

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 11:35 PM

Location: Ranch outside Bertram, TX about 80 miles north of Austin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous View Post
Honda used to have a scaled down wing, it was the Silver Wing, a 500cc water cooled shaft driven machine. Was great for around town and would even do 2up on the highway!
Hey Cantankerous. How right you are. In fact if you google "honda silverwing", you will find Images of Honda Silverwing. Can't post any of the pictures because they are copyrighted. But they seem to range from 500cc to 1500cc and 1970 to 2010. Even have trikes. Interesting looking pics although I don't think I have ever seen one on the road.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda East Toledo View Post
Hello everyone!

Yes, I know that this is the Goldwing forum, but I just had to let you know about this!

In my years here at Honda East, I have learned that many Goldwing owners have a second motorcycle that they ride. Enter the 2009 Honda DN-01! This is the perfect bike when you want a smaller, yet extremely comfortable bike to zip around town! It has a low, 27.2" seat height. The transmission is fully automatic! No clutch, which is great for in-town use. If you're feeling sporty, you do have the option to flip it into "shift mode" where you can button shift your way through 6 forward speeds. It sports a 680cc V-Twin that's fuel injected and liquid cooled. It also features ABS and combined braking system. It weighs only 595 pounds, but with it's low center of gravity, many people think that it seems lighter that that. This bike is referred to as a "crossover vehicle", I think it just plain cool!

You have to see this bike in person to truely appreciate it. Fortunatly, we have one left in stock, and it's on sale! MSRP for this magnificent machine is $15,599.00, but for a limited time you can buy it for only $11,499.00! Thats a $4100.00 savings!! (As always, NO freight, prep or assembly charges)

Give me a call or stop in and check it out! Owning one may just make you the envy of all your friends! Thanks for looking!!!
I have a riding friend who just traded in his 92 ST1100 with 100,000++ miles for the new Honda NT700V. It is close to the same size and engine displacement as the Honda DN-01. A week after purchase he left on a 2400 mile run. Upon his return he had nothing but praise for the bike. Currently the bike has over 10,000 and still going strong, with few to NO PROBLEMS. Personally, I would have thought after riding a rocket like the ST1100 for over 17 years he would have been somewhat dissatisfied with the smaller engine. To hear him tell it, engine power was sufficient as was great handling and storage. Thumbs up to Honda, seems as though they nailed another one, right out of the gate.

Don't worry about the mule going blind just load the wagon.

Last edited by fxrshog; 04-20-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode