Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unique GL1500 Voltmeter Mount.

8K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Ron Robertson 
#1 · (Edited)
With all the new 1500 owner we I have, I thought I'd bring a couple of the thing you can make for the 1500 back into the picture.

Here is a unique mount for an Analog Voltmeter I made for my 1500. So far I think it's one of a kind.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
They went out in today's mail. Had them ready to go yesterday but it was MLK day and the Post office was closed.
They are full scale drawing, top, side and end, plus a templet you can use to trace onto to your stock.
Let me know how it goes, and contact me if you have any question.
From the Northwest corner.
Ron

#8 ·
Thanks, detdrbuzzard. I've made a couple other thing for the wing over the years. Instead of the Star washers under the trunk rack post, I've made a flat strap thing out of polished flat Aluminum stock that runs under both post on each side from front to back.
and a polished Aluminum piece behind the License plate.
Ron

#9 ·
Very nice looking! Very professional looking! An idea might be forming.......why not produce these for sale??? The board with whatever type wood desired and a voltmeter mounted with it..all the customer deeds to do is plug it in and mount it! Wow....I see a desire for this item!:rolleyes:

#10 ·
Looks good. One more thing to polish, only this time with Pledge..

#11 ·
If you got to clean there anyway why not make it look pretty.:)

I suppose I could custom make them but I'd have to let the buyer do the staining and finishing, for anything other than an outdoor varnish. I've seen what some cabinet shops go through trying to get the colors just right to suit the buyer.
Ron

#12 ·
I made a top box for my Tiny Mite tent trailer some years back. I used 3/8" t&g cedar and finished it with marine spar varnish. Looed real good and really stood up to the weather well.

#16 ·
Good idea, Ron..

#20 ·
I couldn't solve the radio issue from here, 300 miles away before someone else plopped down the cash.

I need to take my time and find a low mileage red, blue, white, silver or yellow 1800 that is local so I can research it a little better.

So, I am gonna ride this 1500 for the season, unless I trip over an 1800 that I can't live without.

#21 ·
Ron, I was going to mention this before but forgot. How in tarnation are you going to chrome plate that wood? Looks pretty good to me but it must feel totally alienated by its lonesome with all that shiny stuff you have:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.