Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anything Else I should do while I'm in here?

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Endeavor 
#1 ·
Tomorrow I begin the arduous process of removing the top shelter and gas tank from my 1800.

The PO replaced the air filter not long ago. I will see if it has any signs of needing replaced. Other than that are there other maintenance issues I should consider while I have her torn down? She has 36k on the clock.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#10 ·
So I found a k&n air filter in stock. No one close who is open has a stock air filter. Is it worth the $$$?

Also I'm assuming it doesn't change the airflow enough to have to adjust anything.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I used to swear by them, now I swear at them. Will never use another one. Check with NAPA or someone to see if they can cross one over or maybe Wingstuff has them? If not surely you can get one mailed to you by a dealer.

Reactions: Cantankerous
#9 ·
If you're removing the tank. Clean the grounds under the front of the tank. While you're at it, add a another ground wire and take it to the battery.
Also, give the hoses a good look. They have been leaks at the Y connection.

#11 ·
Filter replaced
Cruise adjusted
Coolant leak fixed (I hope)
Gas tank reinstalled
About half reassembled

Now today I get screen to make the mouse proof intake covers and complete the reassembly.

Here's to hoping there are no spare parts and everything runs like a singer sewing machine when I'm done.

#12 ·
When I took mine apart the first time I added the screens to the intakes and also cut the intake tubes 2" shorter. More clearance and better airflow. Pulled out the long ducts and tossed them also pulled the radiators and corrected the fan rotation. Once that was done a new K&N and I also added a 22k resistor in parallel with the wires on the airbox temp sensor. That last thing will drop the idle rpm by about 50 and tends to reduce the off idle hesitation most 1800's have it also eliminated the idle hunt many experience.

Other than that I can't think of a thing 0:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.