Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trike rear tire pressure

16K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  tfdeputydawg 
#1 ·
I thought I would ask what you other trike onwers run for tire pressure in the rear tires. Also what pressure do you use on the ride control with just two up riding and no extra weight. Im still in the feeling out process since I don't get to ride as much as I would like. I have a 93 SE Motor triked with 235 - 60R x 15 tires on the rear of mine. I have been using 27 psi in them lately and 20psi on the ride control. I have some terriable roads to contend with around my area too. Any suggestions will help, thanks. -:(

#2 ·
If your differential is centered - try 22 in both rears
If your differential is offset to be in line with the Wings output shaft-try 20 in the left rear and 22 in the right rear.
As far as the air goes:
Pump it up fairly high-load the bike the way it will be ridden. Have someone watch the fender to tire relationship at the top. Start bumping a little air out at a time. When the fender just starts to drop (not over a 1/2 in. here) take a reading on the gage and note that reading. Repeat this process for the various load scenarios you have( 1up, 2up, 1up/loaded for a trip, 2up/loaded for a trip) Now you have a list of settings to use for each ride load.
Blessings,
Dawg
Indiana-Ketucky-Ohio Sales Manager for a multi-facility conversion business that I won't mention here! We're not sponsors here-yet!

#3 · (Edited)
Another method to determine proper tire air pressure is to load the bike in the different load scenarios as listed above then,
Wet down a paved area-pump the rear tires up to about 30#'s. run the bike back/forth over the wet pavement, letting a little air out each time, until you see a full flat track in the wet that is the same width as the track area of each tire. Note these pressure readings as you progress. Now you have 2 lists!
One for tire tire pressures and one for air assist settings.
Blessings,
Dawg

#8 ·
Good looks are just the basics TFD, it's really all in the way you accessorise!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.