E3 Multi Tread - Page 2 - Honda Goldwing Forums

post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 11:37 PM

Gotta say your mechanic seems awful young, but I guess he knows his stuff!

Seriously, I'm really anxious to hear/read what you think of that tire. I may have to slap one on my front wheel before my "Southern Adventure" at the end of next month. It pains me since there's still plenty of meat on it, and being the cheap bast*&$d I am (using Fossil92's "diacritics"! Ya like that Bill?) but I also don't want to slip off the Devil's Triangle ride and find out how far down I can go before hitting bottom!

Thanks, Kevin

“THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.” ~ Thomas Paine, 1776

Kevin
1995 1500 Aspencade named "Cochise"
1985 1200 Aspencade named "Tatanka"
IDMWT club #18

Last edited by Tatanka; 08-30-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
It pains me since there's still plenty of meat on it, and being the cheap bast*&$d I am (using Fossil92's "diacritics"! Ya like that Bill?)

Thanks, Kevin

GWOF IB COUPLE

post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 09:19 AM

I've been running E3's for years on my 1200 and then the 1500.I just got the 1800 with E3 radials on it.Can't say I really like the feel of these tires at times.They feel a bit squirrely in the wet on tar snakes and white/yellow lines.Never felt this with the Bias E3's.I don't know if these are the new multi-tread tires or not(and this is the reason I posted),but the front tire seems to have a 2" strip up the center that doesn't seem to be wearing.The sides are wearing,but the center is wearing a lot slower.Makes for an odd looking tire for sure.Probably going to the "Darkside" for the rear next,but not sure what I'm going to run on the front.

Fatwing Chris
If I'da known it would last this long I'da taken better care of it(not talkin about the Wing)

04 ABS
Darkside # 1602
195/55/16 Non Run-Flat
Double Dark with a BT45
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Gotta love new tires!!!!! Just went for short run up the road and wow it his so much better, and quieter to than that old worn out avon. Corners like a champ now, of course any new tire will ride that way I guess but I like itn very smooth compared to the other one.

1986 Honda Nighthawk 700S
72 Baja Bug Near completion
1993 GL1500 Aspencade
Wineberry Red, Killed by a Deer at 70 MPH

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeeehaawwww!!

Dustin
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 02:29 PM

I Only have an e3 on front now. Rain has been no problem nor the tar snakes. Only got to put on about a thousand since I put tires on last week.

Axemen Jim
2004 Goldwing

2004 Wing
IAFF MEMBER
AFFI MEMBER
AMA MEMBER
GWRRA MEMBER
NRA MEMBER
AXEMEN M/C MEMBER
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatwing Chris View Post
I've been running E3's for years on my 1200 and then the 1500.I just got the 1800 with E3 radials on it.Can't say I really like the feel of these tires at times.They feel a bit squirrely in the wet on tar snakes and white/yellow lines.Never felt this with the Bias E3's.I don't know if these are the new multi-tread tires or not(and this is the reason I posted),but the front tire seems to have a 2" strip up the center that doesn't seem to be wearing.The sides are wearing,but the center is wearing a lot slower.Makes for an odd looking tire for sure.Probably going to the "Darkside" for the rear next,but not sure what I'm going to run on the front.
E-3's are weird on tar snakes that's for sure. But mine do real well on the twisties. They do get noisy where they get worn though. I am on me second set and have close to 18,000 on these. My first set went 20,000. So while they are noisy I do like getting over a year on a set of tires.

Mark
It matters not how good you are if an angel pees on the flintlock of your musket. Old German Military saying.
2010 Honda GL1800/2006 Yamaha Stratoliner
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-01-2013, 12:39 PM

I know a lot of people hate the E3's,but I really liked the bias ply ones,just not sure about these radials.I know it's two totally different bikes,these don't instill a lot of confidence when riding in the rain.

Fatwing Chris
If I'da known it would last this long I'da taken better care of it(not talkin about the Wing)

04 ABS
Darkside # 1602
195/55/16 Non Run-Flat
Double Dark with a BT45
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 03:12 PM

E 250's

My E 250's only last 10500 from new I just replaced them with E 3's so I will be interested in their life
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Little update

Front tire, Dunlop E3 13, 500 miles

Rear tire E3 multi tread 6474 miles

1986 Honda Nighthawk 700S
72 Baja Bug Near completion
1993 GL1500 Aspencade
Wineberry Red, Killed by a Deer at 70 MPH

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeeehaawwww!!

Dustin
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Good looking tires Dustin. Keep us apprised, thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

GWOF IB COUPLE

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode