MULTI TREAD Elite 3 Radial - Honda Goldwing Forums

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

Cool MULTI TREAD Elite 3 Radial

ONLY!!!! Looking to find out if anyone has an experience with MULTI TREAD Elite 3 Radial. Not any other tire (tried them all) just want feedback from anyone using the Multi Tread. Don’t want to confuse anyone here…this is strictly about MULTI TREAD. I see the ads for them but not many suppliers seem to have them yet. Maybe getting rid of older regular stock? Personally I can't stand the fact that my Hundered Dollar buddy's way out distance me on the Wings when it comes to tire distance. We get slaughtered by the American Elites...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Have not seen them yet, Do you have a picture of them?

GWOF IB COUPLE

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 06:57 AM

I just had a new set of Elite 3 with Multi tread installed on my bike on Tuesday of this week by the local Honda shop. It is only the rear tire that is "Multi tread" the front is the standard E-3. The dealer had both standard E-3's and Multi Tread E-3's, I specified that I wanted the Multi Tread rear tire.
Time will tell if they last longer than the standard E-3.

I also had a set of Centramatic wheel balancers installed at the same time.

2008 GL 1800 Air bag model
IDMWT Club member # 50
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 07:06 AM

It will be interesting to see what you all think about this tire and I do have my multi tread tire that I love. May be over time they will make it just a little bigger and still multi tread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	298.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	28129  

Darksider #1247Michelin AlpinPA3 195/55/R16
AMA 2006 Titanium GL1800 w/ COMF, NAV
JUNE 2015 see you ALL. CODY
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

According to Dunlop:
These radial touring tires deliver many miles of enjoyment for most big radial-shod touring motorcycles. High wear resistance with even-wear characteristics and great traction. The E3 tread pattern helps provide class-leading wet-pavement performance. The E3 sport-derived profile helps provide a lively response in turn transitions and a solid feel through turns for confident cornering.
Now available in a radial construction for Honda GL1800 Gold Wings, Dunlop’s MT Multi-Tread™ rear tire incorporates a long-wearing compound in the center of the tire tread and a lateral-grip compound on each shoulder.
http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tire...uring/elite-3/

It looks to me that this would be the MT front tire http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tire...uring/elite-3/
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEVMAN View Post
I just had a new set of Elite 3 with Multi tread installed on my bike on Tuesday of this week by the local Honda shop. It is only the rear tire that is "Multi tread" the front is the standard E-3. The dealer had both standard E-3's and Multi Tread E-3's, I specified that I wanted the Multi Tread rear tire.
Time will tell if they last longer than the standard E-3.

I also had a set of Centramatic wheel balancers installed at the same time.
Looking forward to hearing how it works for you. The Centramatics work great for me. These new MT for the Wings appear to be relabled American Elite's and I know my HD buds are getting great results and riding enjoyment from them.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 09:06 AM

Garage
Have you tried the battle axe by.......just kidding!! All I know is what is posted about them

Quote:
•Thanks to the added advantage of Dunlop's MT Multi-Tread™ technology, Honda Gold Wing
riders can now reap the benefits of Dunlop's innovative multi-compound technology in the
Elite® 3. A first for Gold Wing riders from Dunlop, the new Elite 3 multi-compound tires are
available in radial construction. These MT Multi-Tread rear tires incorporate a long-wearing compound in the center of the tire tread and a lateral-grip compound on each shoulder. Now GoldWing riders can enjoy both mileage and grip.
Size: Speed Rating: Load Rating:
180/60R16 H (130 mph) 80 (992 lbs)
can get it for $204 shipped from RMATVMC, but looks like it is not made in the right size for my 1500...wonder if a 180 is really that much different than a 160, maybe I should get a little taller shock and it will make enough room??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode