Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

question for those with Baker hand wings

3K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  The Air Wing Team 
#1 ·
For those of you that have Baker Hand Wings:

How do like them ?

If you bought a new wing tomorrow, would that be one of the first purchases to put on the new wing?

Trying to decide if I want a pair of the hand wings.

Reactions: The Air Wing Team
#2 ·
If you have a pillion rider they are worth every penny. I would and have definitely always put them at the top of the want list.

They also provide nice relief in hot weather for the lone rider

#6 ·
I am not sure if I had the hand wings or not but had the split ones on left and right side my 06 wing and not sure if that was some of the issue but soooo much dirty air. My wife got a lot of turbulence. I tried 3 diff shields and nothing helped. test drove a 2013 f6b, a small windshield and 0 turbulence so thinking could have been the wings. Going to try to stay close to stock on the f6b.

#22 ·
Hand Wings

In fact if you added the Hand Wings to the Air Wing w/ Lower the wind turbulence on your wife would be almost eliminated. The hand wings work great deflecting the extra wing coming under the mirrors. We have a video posted recently to this forum showing exactly how they work. Check this out, I do apologize however that you thought our product may have been the cause to this issue.

#7 ·
A good option, worth the money IMO.

Nobody would care if Waldo would miss them.

Reactions: Weege
#13 ·
I put them on mine shortly after purchase for the purpose of reducing buffeting for my wife. I was never sure how well they served that purpose, but a couple of years ago the left one broke off (only the nylon bolts broke) when the bike fell over while we were on vacation, and on the ride home one cold morning I experienced how much they help the riders hands. After an hour of riding I stopped and managed to jury rig it back on with zip ties. Huge difference. I would definitely have them on the next Wing.

#18 ·
Nice.. Its only money.

#20 ·
Never had them on the 1500, my 1800 had them on the bike. Huge difference, it really brings the air in on the hot days. I love them and would make sure I put them on any future bike I get.

#21 ·
Sounds like all the votes are in.... and looks like some hand wings are in my future.

NOW the only question is what color to purchase...... but considering the color of my bike, Dark Smoke.

#23 ·
Well I logged on this morning to see if anybody had mentioned our product that I needed to reply to. One of the first threads was this one about Baker Hand Wings. After seeing all the comments I owe a huge thank you to all who commented. Was great to see so many kind reviews and words said about our product. No need to try and sell the product when the customers do it for you. One of our main goals as a company is working for a 5 star rating from our customers, if you aren't satisfied then neither are we. If anyone has any further questions you can email us at sales@bakerbuiltairwings.com. You can find us online at www.bakerbuiltairwings.com

#25 ·
I've only had a Wing since last summer, and I thought about Baker Wings but have hesitated because I just haven't yet been willing to have holes drilled in the bodywork. If I got them I would do so through the dealer and have him install them. But coming from a Triumph Thunderbird my wife, as passenger, feels that she is very comfortable and does not have much turbulence or wind noise so I wonder if the Baker Wings would really make a difference. What would those of you who have them recommend? Just the lower Wings, or both lower and upper Wings? Does it block so much of the airflow that you roast in the summertime? And since I haven't looked into this in detail, what should I expect in terms of cost (ballpark estimate would be helpful) to go the Full Monty on the Baker Wings, labor and parts at a dealership?

#26 ·
Ok full disclaimer up front, my Baker Hand Wings have been installed 5 minutes and I haven't ridden it yet. I just wanted to clarify that at least with the hand wings there is no drilling or modification to your Wing. Just pull out one screw from the mirror and replace with the threaded stud for mounting the hand Wing. I'm starting with the hand wings first because I am trying to reduce he wind in my hands in colder weather. They are fully adjustable so you can get air flow back by just moving it a bit. Much like the old Wing window vents on cars.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.