Disappointing day For Goldwing - Honda Goldwing Forums

post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Disappointing day For Goldwing

When I posted my last comments some time ago, so many of you were against me waiting for the new Goldwing. Some of you supported my wishes. Well Im here to say I feel totally stupid now. Based on the new release from honda, all I can say is that I'm extremely disappointed. I'm so upset to the point if someone gave me a contact, I would write them a letter expressing my disappointment. I can't believe honda would delay a release for the best luxury machine on two wheels with minimal changes. Back in May the released blog mentioned it would be a technology showcase. However this new version doesn't even have bluetooth. What were they thinking?
This basically leaves me in the same boat I was in. Which knowing me, I will go yet another summer without riding any machine. After my accident in 2009, I've been waiting for this new model and yet still my wait continues. And to make this wait even more agonizing, I have to deal with the temptation I'm getting from BMW release. Its no goldwing, but atleast they made major improvements. They included bluetooth, they increase the engine size, and they already have electronic kick stands.
I'm trying my best to remain loyal but this day has really been hard on me!!!
And finally, yes still Im stubbornly waiting. Can't justify getting an old machine, which the 2012 is too. Even if it means not ridding another year.
Yep, I know. I'm shooting myself in the foot.

Please someone give me a contact at honda so that I can vent!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Garage
Well I hate to say I told you so but.... The new Wing is amost exactly what the Honda boys told us it would be, subtle refinements and styling cues and that's about it. At least the pricing isn't off the charts.

GO BLUEJAYS!!!!
[/COLOR]current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Any predictions for the 2013?
post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Garage
I just spoke with my DSM about the 1012, I knew more than he did from here and a couple other sites. I wouldn't bank on anything really ground breaking for a couple years yet.

GO BLUEJAYS!!!!
[/COLOR]current rides: '09 GL1800AD "SENSHI"; 2003 RVT1000r (RC51) track bike... certified m/c addict. IDMWT #12. GWRRA #028890
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Lemaj, You are only driving yourself crazy. The rest of us are riding. You know in todays technological era the minute you buy something it is almost automatically out of date.

My advice buy a late model 1500 or mid year 1800, you can get them relatively cheap & get riding. I think that is what I said originally. Again you are the only one in dispair. Be guided accordingly.

Motorcycle Adventures Are The Best!

post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

You are absolutely right fossil92. Actually I'm beyond crazy after Monday's news.
Someone please send me a honda rep contact information. I need to let off some steam.
For real!!
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Garage
You could go to Honda.com and check out their faq on the powersports section or call the m/c customer service 866 784 1870
Not sure if you'll get much response, but you never know. I'd call a dealer and see if they'll give you a District Rep's #. Most DSM's are pretty approachable types. Too bad the news hadn't broken during the show circuit, that would have been the best way to get a response from some of the higher placed Honda people.

GO BLUEJAYS!!!!
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

I've already tried to call this morning. Got some strange message asking me to answer yes to a text message that was an agreement to pay 9.99 a month.
I didnt email one of the email addresses though. No response just yet. They probably won't respond.
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

whoops. I meant to type I did an email this morning.
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 11:40 AM

Lemaj, it looks like you are a crybaby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode