Nova Scotia - Honda Goldwing Forums
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By mondarlo
  • 1 Post By mondarlo
  • 1 Post By mondarlo

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Nova Scotia

Plan on riding from east Tennessee to Nova Scotia----plan is to meet some other folks in Yarmouth(June27), when they get off the ferry. (they only have about 4 days to ride the Cabot Trail while there, we are more flexible). Any advice on places to see, travel directions, places to stay?

We have been through Vermont, NH, and Maine, thought about a different route---maybe across Macinaw bridge then east thru Canada? Suggestions?

Thanks, Don
CouvWing likes this.

[IMG]S:\Don's Documents\My Pictures\Goldwing\VisitedStatesMap.jpg[/IMG]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopin View Post
What's the lure of Nova Scrotum ? Everyone seems to want to ride there .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't listen to the guy who won't ride more than one state over from Virginia.

Wow, Michigan on the way to Nova Scotia, you really do have extra time. I've always looked to US 2 across the New England states. But maybe you have done that. I'm also always looking for ideas and hope you share your trip with us with pictures and locations to visit.

Mark
It matters not how good you are if an angel pees on the flintlock of your musket. Old German Military saying.
2010 Honda GL1800/2006 Yamaha Stratoliner
GWOF IB Hat #1 with WARWGN
IDMWT #86

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 05:53 PM

I just took US 2 across Vermont and New Hampshire. Nice ride.

Steve

2015 Goldwing NAV/ABS
IDMWT #81
Fredericksburg, Virginia

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopin View Post
What's the lure of Nova Scrotum ? Everyone seems to want to ride there .

I heard the call of the Nova.....
Chopin likes this.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownfire View Post
Don't listen to the guy who won't ride more than one state over from Virginia.

Wow, Michigan on the way to Nova Scotia, you really do have extra time. I've always looked to US 2 across the New England states. But maybe you have done that. I'm also always looking for ideas and hope you share your trip with us with pictures and locations to visit.
Haven't done Hwy 2. Rode the Kancamagus Hwy in NH., rode around the Adirondacks and visited Lake Placid on that trip. May try 2, haven't heard many people talk about the ride through Canada. It may be too long for this one---thinking 2-3 weeks out.
fossil92 likes this.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Well if you've never been to PEI that's a great stop with some really beautiful areas. We spent a night in a working Lighthouse there. Also the highway that runs from PEI to Tatamagouche that runs along the shore is nice. When in Tatamagouche spend a night at the Train Station Inn and sleep in either a Box Car or a Caboose. Great food at the Restaurant too.

Additionally Hopewell Rocks NB is a great stop with accommodations right near entrance.

If you start to head around the Maine border in Quebec somewhere there is the Worlds Longest Covered Bridge. Almost a 1/4 mile or it is 1/4 mile. I'll check in the am where that is and post it for you.

Finally if you can work in a few days to spend in Quebec City you will not be disappointed. One of only two "Walled" cities in North America. Tons of history and a beautiful European flare in the surroundings

GWOF IB COUPLE #2

MEMBER GWOF IB TRIO #1/Overall #4

FR #91

PA Outback Tour Aug. 18-20 2017
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossil92 View Post
Well if you've never been to PEI that's a great stop with some really beautiful areas. We spent a night in a working Lighthouse there. Also the highway that runs from PEI to Tatamagouche that runs along the shore is nice. When in Tatamagouche spend a night at the Train Station Inn and sleep in either a Box Car or a Caboose. Great food at the Restaurant too.

Additionally Hopewell Rocks NB is a great stop with accommodations right near entrance.

If you start to head around the Maine border in Quebec somewhere there is the Worlds Longest Covered Bridge. Almost a 1/4 mile or it is 1/4 mile. I'll check in the am where that is and post it for you.

Finally if you can work in a few days to spend in Quebec City you will not be disappointed. One of only two "Walled" cities in North America. Tons of history and a beautiful European flare in the surroundings

Thank you---still not sure about route up---but PEI will be one stop for sure.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode